Can I subscribe to locals only?

foschus

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Eagan, MN
I currently have Dish AEP + VaVaVoom. The only reason I keep Dish is the PVR. I can't live without it, but I realized the majority of the programs I record are on local network stations. Is it possible to subscribe to only the local channels? I have a PVR508 with no fees, so locals only would be ideal.

If not, what's the cheapest alternative?

Thanks!

If you are not in the midst of a 12 month minimal programming agreement, you can get locals for $5.99 plus a $5 service fee per month. If you are still in a commitment, you can drop to AT60 w/locals for $30/month. That's a big diff from $83 for AEP w/locals.

Thanks for the info.

With 3 receivers and the HD pak its more like $105. I'm definately going to drop to the $5.99+$5 package.

I forgot about that, I might have some club dish left for a few months. Hopefully it'll last until Voom releases their PVR.

You would get charged $5.99+$5.00 fee for the locals and then a $10 DVR fee since you do not have a basic package for a total of $21.00 compared to $35.00 if you had a basic package with locals and DVR.

Stargazer said:
You would get charged $5.99+$5.00 fee for the locals and then a $10 DVR fee since you do not have a basic package for a total of $21.00 compared to $35.00 if you had a basic package with locals and DVR.

The 508 has NO DVR fee (that's what I have), so it would just be the 10.99+tax (5.99+5 surcharge)

I overlooked that it was a 508, my bad. The 501, 508, and 721 are good for those that do not subscribe to the basic package but wants DVR functionality.