Can I switch the old single LNBF with 1k.4?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

surma884

Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
NC
I have a dish pointed at 61.5 with a single LNBF. Can I just take off the LNBF and put on the new 1k.4 LNBF without readjusting the dish angle? I don't think it will be possible but just want to quickly check. I don't want installers touching my junk so I'm going to do it on my own. BTW, my dish is 18". Do I need a larger dish? I think they have 21" or 34"...

The reflector and lnb are engineered for each other on the 1000.4 dish along with the fine adjustment cam on the az el assembly.You will need a 1000.4 complete setup

surma884 said:
I have a dish pointed at 61.5 with a single LNBF. Can I just take off the LNBF and put on the new 1k.4 LNBF without readjusting the dish angle? I don't think it will be possible but just want to quickly check. I don't want installers touching my junk so I'm going to do it on my own. BTW, my dish is 18". Do I need a larger dish? I think they have 21" or 34"...

Thats like saying, i need a vesectomy, i dont want a professional to touch my junk so I'm gonna do it myself. Lol.

Anyways, the answer to your question is, No, a 1000.4 will not fit your 18 inch dish.

I can certainly understand not wanting the so called professional installers from Dish to monkey with your system. I have observed a lot of substandard installations done by these people. I would say if you can position the LNB in the focal point of the dish it may very well work. If it doesn't work you always have the option of putting it back the way it was, just always leave yourself this out. Give it a shot!
M

The Dish 300 you have pointing at 61.5 is designed with both a horizonal and vertical focus at the point where the lnb is located.

A dish 500 has a "flattened" horizonal focus that accomidates having two lnb's at two different points, still able to gather enough signal for satellite use.

The Dish 1000 series have a reflector tht is further flattened in the horizonal plane to accomodate three lnb's.

The Dish 500 and the Dish 1000 must be larger because the defocusing reduces the amount of signal available to any one lnb from any one spot on the dish, the larger area compensates.

The dish to lnb distance is different for all three above mentioned dishes and the distance is different again for the D1000.2 and the D1000.4.

All these differences make it virtually impossible to exchange lnb's between different dishes.

Thats like saying, i need a vesectomy, i dont want a professional to touch my junk so I'm gonna do it myself. Lol.

Anyways, the answer to your question is, No, a 1000.4 will not fit your 18 inch dish.

I do not see any similarity in the qualifications it takes to become a doctor and the qualifications it takes to become a Dish installer. How many hours of training does a Dish installer get.

5, 40hour classroom weeks and 6 weeks OJT.

Dont think we are all bad. There are a few bad cherries but we arent all horrible.

jerryez said:
I do not see any similarity in the qualifications it takes to become a doctor and the qualifications it takes to become a Dish installer. How many hours of training does a Dish installer get.

It was a joke dude, thats why it said "LOL" at the end of the phrase. Lighten up a bit. Obviously its not the same.

But to answer your question about hours of training, in-house installers are trained a minimum of 200 hours, before thy are let loose to "mess up" peoples houses.

Frank7004 said:
5, 40hour classroom weeks and 6 weeks OJT.

Dont think we are all bad. There are a few bad cherries but we arent all horrible.

I didnt read your post before i answered but i would agree with your cherries statement,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts