Can I switch to Western Arc from Eastern Arc? Tree fell, so now we have Line of Sight.

akgarrett62

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
Cookeville, TN
Our zip is 38501 (hour east of Nashville). Initially we had to use Eastern Arc, since no LOS to Western. However, our HD locals from Nashville are only on Western Arc. On the Eastern Arc, we are able to pick up Nashville locals SOMETIMES, but it is Very spotty. The Spotbeam coverage barely touches our town so that's why.

We had storms and a neighbors tree fell. It looks like this will give us LOS to the western arc. Will Dish let us switch over to Western Arc so we can get HD locals full-time?

If you are sure the WA provides a wider coverage area for your locals than EA does, then yes, I would go for it, and yes, I would think you can do that. If you are asking can you do it for free, that is another question.

A Satguy CSR can certainly answer your question. I am a little confused by your wording. You say your locals in HD are only on the WA. Are you saying you get SD locals on the EA? I was not aware locals were on the EA in SD.

Edit; I stand corrected. I do see some markets do have SD locals on the EA.

One other thing, are you sure your satellite dish is aimed well?

Last edited:
Can you use 1000.4 EA dish to get western arc satellites 110, 119, 129? The LNBF is very much different than the one on the 1000.4 WA

Thanks for the response.

Is there a difference between the 1000.4 EA and 1000.4 WA other than the lnbf? Is the arm different, or the reflector?

The LNB is different and you have to change the dish settings too. That is if you are going to try it yourself. Otherwise the tech will take care of everything for you.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)