Can I upgrade 811 to new receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
josem3 said:
Yes, I don't see why not. IF you whan a 411, it will cost you $49.00 or DVR 622 $99.00 after rebate.

Please stop posting incorrect information like that. The $200 rebate only applies to customers that are trading in 921 and 942 receivers NOT to any other HD receiver.

I have an 811 and called over the weekend and will be getting a new dish plus a 211 for the $49 fee

The 622 upgrade fee for $99, from what I understand is only for people who own their own 921 and 942 receivers.

Paul

I am considering an upgrade as well. I think that beside $49 fee a subscription to any HD metal package and 18 months commitment are required, is that correct?

Petrovich said:
I am considering an upgrade as well. I think that beside $49 fee a subscription to any HD metal package and 18 months commitment are required, is that correct?
Yes and probably an upgrade to a Dish 1000 to receive the HD channels.:)

I'm wanting the 811 -> 622 upgrade for several reasons, most notably the reportedly better OTA tuner in the 622. I'm "on the verge" of getting at least 3 of the 4 networks OTA and I need that capability since my HD LiLs are at least 2 years out. The 811 is leased and I currently have two other SD receivers (1 leased), DPP44, D500 on 110, 119 and D300 on 61.5. I have AT60, HD pak, voom, locals, 2 NY supers, DHPP. I'd probably go with the silver plus locals, not sure if I'll keep the supers or DHPP. There shouldn't be any equipment changes required other than the receiver swap. And I might be talked into keeping the 811 and return the leased 311 instead.

My problem is that I did the latest upgrade in Dec. with a 12 mo. commitment. The last CSR (actually a tech) said I really can't do anything until next Dec., implying that I would have cancellation charges on top of any other upgrade costs. Does anyone know how I can do this second upgrade sooner without paying any penalties? Any similar experiences?

TIA and BRgds...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)