Can I use 107.3W as my True South Reference Satellite?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
On my newly installed 12 Foot Mesh Dish - this weekend I Installed a Corotor II + and Norsat LNB's for C and KU Band Reception. Before I set up my V-Box III, I was driving the Dish back and forth with a 12 VDC Battery Charger from inside the house (since it is cold and snowing up here), to see if I can find my True South Sat 97.0W. I was assuming the Dish's Elevation and Declination was okay or close to being where it should be.

From going thru my Receiver Sat List in Antenna Settings I have discovered a strong signal in the green on 107.3W Anik F1. S = 74% and Q = 71% on Tp 3780. My question is since I am having trouble locating 97.0W can I use 107.3W as my reference and hook up the V-Box III and go from there? Also is it worth scanning in the channels on 107.3W since if I remember that re IceBerg's list that Satellite 107.3W must be subscribed to?? Is there anything in the clear on that Satellite? Any replies would be appreciated.

as long as the dish mount is north/south thats the crucial part (so you might even have to go back and fine tune this to get the arc.) i did

from there we assume ( lol) that your on arc and these sats should fall into that arc.

so yes you can basically tune this sat ( even fine tune your corotor ) and you should be able to see a signal even if its scrambled , you just probably won't get to watch it :)

for the v-box i don't think it matters . i know i wanted to start in the center and work out and several people i talked with did this . i don't think you have to do it any certain way.

and once they( the satellites) all start falling into place you can always park the dish reset and start over

as long as the dish mount is north/south thats the crucial part (so you might even have to go back and fine tune this to get the arc.) i did

from there we assume ( lol) that your on arc and these sats should fall into that arc.

so yes you can basically tune this sat ( even fine tune your corotor ) and you should be able to see a signal even if its scrambled , you just probably won't get to watch it :)

for the v-box i don't think it matters . i know i wanted to start in the center and work out and several people i talked with did this . i don't think you have to do it any certain way.

and once they( the satellites) all start falling into place you can always park the dish reset and start over

Thanks Gabshere. That seems to be the partially confusing part. That is, the Dish to me seems to be slightly pointed or oriented to the Easterly direction, where with my 1 meter Fortec Dish it would be in the Westerly Direction (I think) if I was pointed at Satellite 107.3W. Maybe I'll get some pictures to show the current 12 foot dish orientation for 107.3W.

Polorotor Control NOT Working on Uniden 9900 Receiver?
Also the 3 wires - Red, Black, & White for Polorotor control are hooked up to the back of the Uniden 9900 Receiver, and I don't think its working. If I press the V/H Button and / or the Skew Button on the Uniden 9900 Nothing happens!! How can you tell if the Polorotor Control is working?? That is I was using the Viewsat Receiver for tuning in the Satellites and trying to use the old Uniden 9900 Receiver for the Polorotor Control, but I do NOT think the Uniden is doing anything, how can you tell?

let me get a couple of pictures and point it out , cause it easy to confuse. the mount needs to point north south. the dish actually pivots on this mount so it can point anywhere i think you actually have it very close now if your getting a pic on F1

ok i was calling it a mount maybe a better name would be arm ( and its stationary) the dish mount moves on it this arm ( or axis of the dish it will pivot on this ) should face north south.

first pic shows the arm second picture shows dish pointing west ( at about Galaxy 15 @ 133) with the arm pointing south

Attachments

• north south arm.JPG
    north south arm.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCF3375 (2).JPG
    DSCF3375 (2).JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 212
Thanks for the great pics George, it turns out that I am also seening great signal levels on Galaxy 4R/C 99.0W? This would make more sense considering where the Dish is pointed. But just how is this possible to see great C Band levels of S and Q on 2 separate Satellites?? I've never seen that before?

what channels? you think they are from 99w & 107w . this is when you move the dish via motor right ?

Thanks George, No it was just when I moved the Dish with the 12 VDC Battery Charger to see and scan in what I could find. I think its 99.0W because there is lots of religious channels - Lesea Network, NBC Virgin Islands, GDMX is scrambled with some audio. Tp frequencies are: 3928, 3935, 3820, 4000, 3736, and 3820. S and Q on TP 3928 are S= 72 and Q = 87!! Will try to hookup the V-BOX III tomorrow and likely store 99.0W and try using this as my reference if that's how its done??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)