Can I use a DirecTV 18x20 dish with a Dish Network rcvr?

dvasco

Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Can I use a DirecTV 18x20 dish with a Dish Network rcvr? If so, would I have to change the LNB's?

maybe

Is it a Phase III or a Phase II?
Phase III has all 3 LNB"s in one molded case
Phase II has LNB's that can be removed separatelly

If it is a Phase II yes you could. You can use any LNB's. I had one set up for 110/119 (3rd slot was blank) and a SW21. YTou can use DirecTV LNB's and a SW21 to combine them

maybe

Is it a Phase III or a Phase II?
Phase III has all 3 LNB"s in one molded case
Phase II has LNB's that can be removed separatelly

If it is a Phase II yes you could. You can use any LNB's. I had one set up for 110/119 (3rd slot was blank) and a SW21. YTou can use DirecTV LNB's and a SW21 to combine them
18"x20" are phase 3 dishes the others I believe are 18"X24" they are wider with separate LNBs instead of the one molded LNB.
:)

You can use a Phase III with a Dish Network receiver but will only pickup one orbital satellite slot at a time with the lnbf that it comes with.

You can saw off the arm where it gets wider that holds the lnbf and drill a hole in it and put a Y adapter on it and get two orbital slots, you can get three orbital slots by strapping an eye to the side of the lnbf on the Y plastic bracket or placing the twin on the Y bracket with half of it hanging off of the Y bracket (119 side of the twin on the 110 part of the Y bracket) that way you will not have to strap the lnbf on, less work that way.

It worked for me and a friend as a poor man's Dish1000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts