Can I use a DirecTv dish for Dishnetwork

WakeBdr

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Cumming, GA
I have a DirecTV dish and dual LNB (not sure of model) that was given to me by a friend who cancelled his contract. I am a current subscriber to Dish network. Is the DirecTV dish and LNB usable if I hook it up to one of my Dish receivers?

You would be able to get one satellite, but that would be it. Either 119 or 110. They make good "wing" dishes (61.5 or 148)

I plan on hooking the LNB directly to my 322 receiver. What type of setup do I need to set the receiver to when attempting to acquire the signal (300,500,super)?

Oh well, that failed miserably. I'm thinking the LNB that's on the dish isn't compatible with my 322. I didn't even get so much as a blip when trying to point it.

When you say "the switch" are you referring to the DPP-34? If so, I'm not running through the DPP-34. I'm connecting directly from the LNB to my 322 receiver.

But your receiver thinks that the DP34 is hooked up. You Must rerun the switch check with either the legacy lnb only hooked up or with nothing hooked up to clear the switch. DP pusehs out 19.6Volts, which would send the evens back to the receiver with a legacy LNB, but it would put it on the lower band, and DP needs the evens on the upper band. Just rerun the switch test without the DP34, and then it wioll work.

Well, I got everything to work after about a 30 minute call with Dish. I was able to get 119 with no trouble. Only problem is that my locals are on 110. The LNB I have won't hit both birds at once because it is a legacy LNB. I talked to an advanced tech at Dish that told me how to clear 119 from the receiver and look for 110. After some messing with the dish, I was finally able to hit 110 and get the local channel I wanted at that time. So, after much fiddling and talking with Dish, I finally got everything working.

One more question in the whole debacle: If I want to hit 110 and 119 at the same time, what type of LNB will I need to buy?