can i use a primestar for ku ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chefwan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
can i use a primestar i recent had for X4 untill i get my c/ku feedhorn. if so what do i need to make it work. i have the dish it self but it has V-H coax coming from the feedhorn. how would i spit that off into one coax so i could plug it into the ku side into my 4dtv. to receive X4

Attachments

• DSCF0074.JPG
    DSCF0074.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCF0076.JPG
    DSCF0076.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 179
A simple way to do it is use an manual A/B switch. Put your 4DTV in channel skip mode then you can access all V or H channels on X4 in a group. I use a Primestar for X4 myself works well. My polarity switching is handled by a coax relay but that takes quite a few extra steps.

or you can ask someone here for a direcpc lnb that is almost like that primestar lnb and you can swap the feedhorns and it will pass both :)
just pm me.

A DirecTV 3x4 multiswitch works too :)

Will that work with the 4DTV's logic issues? If he's using an LNBF or 2 lnb's on C band it could be done. If he's using a polorotor on C band there is an issue with the 4DTV in LNBF mode not working the polorotor correctly. He would have to go in the setup menu each time to toggle this function between C and KU. That's why I stayed away from that. I have too many remotes and menu's to play with already.:)

I was referring ot the Primestar dish & LNB. That LNB has 2 separate ouotputs and the 3x4 switch will allow him to combine the 2 polarities for easy switching between V & H polarity :)

It would Ice, but the 4DTV can't be set for a C LNB and Ku LNBF at the same time. You have to set for C/Ku LNBFs, or C/Ku LNBs.

It's too bad they didn't make the 4DTV more versatile. I wish something could be done with the CHKVEXT connection in the back to run a 5v 12v switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)