Can I use Dish/Directv LNB for Globecast Galaxy 19

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PIApW

Original poster
Apr 10, 2014
Milky Way
I want to get Globecast on Galaxy 19, I have an original globecast receiver, but dont have dish & lnb Can I use Directv/dish network LNB and dish? I also have a 1 meter dish, without LNB. Can I use the directv/dish network LNB in this? Thanks

No. Frequency and polarity type are incorrect.
Need Linear polarity, frequency range 11700 to 12200
D15H/D1recked are circular polarity and 12200 upwards.
For the 1 meter dish get a Titanium PLL-1KS. (Hard to beat) - it's listed on ebay
:welcome to Satelliteguys

Thanks for the prompt reply. I also have an old C-Band dish that is still up and in working condition, with dual C-Band/KU LNB. Can I use that for Globecast?

Could but there's good reason to use the 1.0 meter. BUDs are REAL picky about aim when operated at Ku. Beamwidth is well under 1 degree. And the performance would be about equal to the 1.0. Put a diseqc switch in the coax to select either C or Ku on the BUD, or 97 Ku on the 1.0 meter. You won't have to wait for the dish to move to 97w. I do a combination of fixed and moveable. Got a .7* meter mounted to the BUD as it's performance was poor (Wrong mesh - too much air space) and a few fixed dishes. *May replace it with a 1.0.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)