Can I use Dish Network Superdish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DocNyr

Original poster
Feb 8, 2005
Hi
I am getting a dish network superdish.
Can I use that for FTA in conjunction with an FTA receiver?
Or do I need another dish outside?
Thanks

it should work fine

The LNB is stacked so the Horizontal frequencies will be off but it will work
(in a stacked LNB world, the H transponders are made V and put up at a higher limit. On DBS I know they are in the 13000 area)

it should work fine

The LNB is stacked so the Horizontal frequencies will be off but it will work
(in a stacked LNB world, the H transponders are made V and put up at a higher limit. On DBS I know they are in the 13000 area)

Thanks for your very prompt reply.
Since I am a noob at this FTA stuff, what do I need to do to connect the Dish Network superdish to the FTA receiver and get a pic to my tv? When you say stacked LNB and H Transponders etc... that is all greek to me. I am totally ignorant about these things. But I am willing to learn ... especially if it helps me watch football!!! Is there anything I can read like a "satellites for dummies" book or website that will help me learn?

Many thanks Iceberg... you seem to be one of the major contributors and helpers on this site.

I've used a dishnet superdish for IA5 about a year now, I just replaced the lnb with a fortec lnb.

I checked one out on Galaxy 10R last month. Using a Coolsat 4000 with LNB set for OCS-DP, it picked up everything. The performance was not as good as my 30" Winegard and Invacom. Definately worth a try!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)