Can I use my Globecast satellite/receiver to get other satellites?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

quinnrj

Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
NJ
I number of years ago (perhaps 8-9), I installed a Globecast dish & receiver (model #SC996-T105) for receiving some channels. Now, however, we're not interested in those channels, and I have some questions:

1. Can I use the same dish & receiver to receive other satellites? I was looking at one of the following - Galaxy 28, AMC 21, and/or SES 1 (BTW, I'm in New Jersey, USA)

2. Could a motor be installed on the Globecast dish so I can steer it between these or other satellites?

3. If I could install a motor, do I need one to match the dish, or will any motor do?

Thanks.

-Bob

welcome :wave

I dont think the Globecast receiver can run a motor. In a lot of those cases the receiver was "locked" to only receive 97W.

Honestly I would just get a new receiver...one that has more functions and option than the Globecast one. You could pick up a good Pansat, Fortec, Coolsat, Visionsat for $50 or so

on second thought...reading the "newer" receiver they use (SE780) and those CAN be used with a motor (Diseqc 1.2 only) but no blind scan. Your reciever model gives very little info when googling.

Check the menus to see if you can use Diseqc 1.2 which is a motor. If you could post pics of the menus that would be great too ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts