can i use the switch i got with my micro hd with two other receivers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
i want to hook up the azbox and the s9 to the 6' dish. do i put the receiver in out of the gbox into the switch and hook the two receivers into it? i assume i would have the 22k tone out of the azbox on and the 22k hz tone out of the s9 off. then if i have the azbox on it would control the dish even if i turned the s9 on. i am thinking then i would have to turn the azbox off to use the s9. hope i have that figured out. thanks, charlie

I would recommend reading the Switches Simplified FAQ for a better understanding of switch basics.
Ya use a 22khz switch to select an LNB, not a receiver.

Running multiple receivers on one dish takes a different solution.
I'm no fan of using loop-through, but I'm sure others will chime in.

The Ecoda 22khz switch cannot be used to share one LNBF with two receivers. The 22khz switch is used to select between two LNBFs for one receiver.

To share one LNBF with two receivers, you may:
1. Use a two output LNBF for maximum flexability
2. Make one receiver the controlling master and loop out to a slaved second receiver
3. Use a high frequency splitter

i thought the 0/12v output from the azbox would activate a switch between the dish and the receiver. is that what you meant by a high frequency splitter?
i didn't want to do the loop through... i only need the axbox once in a while. i like the s9 a lot better. lot easier to operate. the micro hd is almost as easy as the s9. one thing on the micro hd would be having q and tp info when changing channels. but i will go back to changing the output to the dish from the receiver when i want to. thanks. charlie

To use a splitter, take the single coax cable coming in from the dish and connect to the IN port of the splitter. Connect each receiver to one of the 2 OUT ports of the splitter. Be sure to use a high quality, all port power passing splitter and only power one receiver at a time.

Remember that a standard single outout LNBF can only tune one polarity at a time. If you happen to have both receivers powered at the same time and one of the receivers is on a horizontal transponder (outputting 18vdc) then the LNBFwill be locked to horizontal polarity and the 2nd receiver would be unable to tune vertical transponders until the other receiver is powered off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)