Can I use this dish for anything?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Hi! I just picked up a old 3 foot DirecPC dish with feed and LNBF. Can I hook this up and pickup any free to air DVB mpeg signal with this sucker. I'm looking to aim a stationary dish at T5 and leave it there. Will this work, or do I need a different feedhorn and/or LNBF to get both polarity? Thanks, Chad

Sure it will work great for FTA, hook up to just the LNB and set the L.O. to 10750

I have 2 here, at worst you could replace the LNB (Leave the feedhorn) and replace with a low noise Invacom LNB!

Thanks, It was only set up for downloads. No transmitter on the dish. Everything is in great shape and the LNBF looks almost new because it was covered by the feedhorn cover. My only concern is will I get both polarity's since there is no servo motor to change from vert. to hor.?

Most LNB's are Voltage controled! If its not voltage controled you can easily swap it with a 120mm flange Invacom LNB

H = 17v

V = 13v

Any pictures?

As long as you have a receiver capable of controlling the LNBF's voltages, you should have no problems. Another thing you may find is the horizontal and vertical channels are backwards. Depending on which satellite the receiver was setup for, you might have to rotate your LNBF 90 degrees on the feedhorn. I had to do that on the one I obtained.

Thanks, I have a Traxis DVB-3500 receiver and for some reason my pansat 4 port switch won't work on the 3rd input. It works fine on 1,2 and 4. When I select 3/4 on my Traxis, there is no LNB power on the 3rd port. Maybe I have a bad switch.

Hope not! I use a 2 way DiSEqC switch with my Traxis DBS 3500 with no problems!

I have two of these, I am moving right now but once I get moved those babys are going up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)