Can I use this dish?

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I have a 522 reciever and I believe a dish 500? I think. I know both of the cables from my Dish go to my 522, then another cable to one tv and another to my other TV.

My tenent use to have Dish but went back to cable, her dish also has two cables from it that go into her house, she did not have a 522 but she had two seperate boxs for each TV.
What I was wondering is, can I re-rought her wires into my house and if something happens to my dish, hook her cables to my 522? It would be nice to have a backup.
Thanks
Lenny

blockisle9 said:
I have a 522 reciever and I believe a dish 500? I think. I know both of the cables from my Dish go to my 522, then another cable to one tv and another to my other TV.

My tenent use to have Dish but went back to cable, her dish also has two cables from it that go into her house, she did not have a 522 but she had two seperate boxs for each TV.
What I was wondering is, can I re-rought her wires into my house and if something happens to my dish, hook her cables to my 522? It would be nice to have a backup.
Thanks
Lenny
Is it a DISH Network system, it should be marked on the face of the dish? The next question is what is on it for electronics? The DP522 must see the same configuration on both cables, if you took 1 line from her dish and it was a Legacy with a SW-21 and you took 1 line from your dish that was a DP Twin it would not work because they are both DISH but different configurations.:)

It is a Dish, They are both Dish 500's. The Dish and the other part (pointing at the Dish) look identical. I know that looks dont mean anything. They were both ordered through SBC (ATT).
Lenny

Lenny,

A couple of years back, I remember reading something about the Dish 500 changed somewhere around 2000, but I don't know what was changed. I suspect it was the LNBF's, that is, they started calling the LNBF's legacy, and the new ones DishPro's often using a black DP on the back of the LNBF's.

With DishPro technology, and using the right cable and equipment, you can generally have cable runs up to about 200 feet from dish to receiver either with or without a switch.

Here's a link with a lot of good information that may help you.

http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishpro_installation.asp