can I use two 3x8's with my phase III

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tony17

Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
Hello,

I was wondering if the following scenario is possible. Have two of the lines from my phase III dish and one from OTA going into a 3x8 multiswitch and then the other two from the phase III going into another 3x8 and then have 16 lines. these lines would then run into the four tuners of four HDTIVO's. Would this work and would I be able to get the OTA's on all the receivers as well. Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't seem to find.

T

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

It wouldn't work properly. All 4 lines coming from the Phase-III have to be connected to at least a 4X8 multiswitch, a 5X8 if you want the OTA to be pumped to all of your receivers.

that's what i thought

Will only the OTA not work? I didn't think it would work at all, but last night my 4x8 went out and I was without tv, so i hooked two of the lines up to my 3x4 and all four of those lines worked fine?? This is why I asked.

PS - thanks for the welcome.....Great Forum

You will only get the broadcasting that is on the 101 satellite. You will lose all programming comming off 110 & 119.

Do you have Directv's warranty coverage? If so the multiswitch replacement shouldn't cost you.

No, I don't have the warranty coverage, so I will have to eat that one. What is really odd though is that I do get the 110 and 119 channels. I have SD Tivos right now and when I go to the check sat signal menu and scroll through all of the transponders on the A, B and C sats they all have a strong signal???? Are you saying that if I had HD it wouldn't work?

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)