Can I watch my Hopper DVR with dish disconnected?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Leave it plugged in and test it from time to time, maybe each day, and then tell us when those recordings stop working, and they will...
Been plugged in since March 5 and I can still watch all recordings. I'll leave it go for a couple more weeks or until it stops working.

Here it is April 2nd. Original Hopper is still plugged in since March 5th and not on an account. Hasn't been active since March 2013. I am still able to play DVR recordings.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I HAD A VIP722 connected in my RV and each time that I went camping, I had to call and get a hit sent to get it to work. It would not play recordings or anything.

Thanks for the replies.

Hard as it may be to believe I don't have a "smart phone" and I can almost guarantee that the Internet connection at the motel will be on par with a dial up connection! So, guess I'm toast. Wish I had my old receiver as I know it worked.

I assume that the external HDD will not function either?

you could always just buy a cheap $90 tablet at Walmart and load dishanywhere on it.

I HAD A VIP722 connected in my RV and each time that I went camping, I had to call and get a hit sent to get it to work. It would not play recordings or anything.

Hey Jerry, did you use any kind of ground on your RV antenna? I'm setting up a Hopper 3 in my RV using a residential antenna on a tripod. Thanks. I'll keep asking this until I find someone with experience who can answer for me. Cheers. Gene

you could always just buy a cheap $90 tablet at Walmart and load dishanywhere on it.
Little late to the party as he has already successfully used it off-line on his trip.

That said, your suggestion still wouldn't have solved his potentially slow internet connection.

Hey Jerry, did you use any kind of ground on your RV antenna? I'm setting up a Hopper 3 in my RV using a residential antenna on a tripod. Thanks. I'll keep asking this until I find someone with experience who can answer for me. Cheers. Gene

I have a Hopper w/Sling installed in my RV and the only grounding it gets is through the RV park power panel and whatever grounding the tripod legs might get from surface soil contact.

I have a Hopper w/Sling installed in my RV and the only grounding it gets is through the RV park power panel and whatever grounding the tripod legs might get from surface soil contact.

Outstanding! One less thing to worry about. By the way, I powered up the H3 last night for the first time. No surprise I got the failed installation test screen. No reception. Today I'll try bi-passing an A/B switch yhat was already in this (used) coach, and try re-aiming the dish. Also, Jerry, I'm using a DPH WA LNBF and my feedline to the solo hub is attached to port 1 (left-most port as viewed from the dish. Is that the correct port, do you know?

It is SUCH a delight to find other RVers who weren't satisfied with the standard two tuner set-up. Mama is a huge DVR fanatic so the H3 seems to be just what the doc ordered. Now just gotta get it hopping for her!

Thanks much! Gene

Port one will be the left most port on the hybrid lnb from the back. From the front of the dish it would be the right most. Dph only has 3 ports. The stand alone is a lnb in.

I use a tablet and have a micro HDMI output and plug it in to the hotels TV on my trip to/from a summer rental. I do the same to the TV at the rental. I only rent where they have an internet connection. Dish anywhere works just fine and the tablet is a great remote control with touch screen. When I am at home, I use it in another room and eliminate the need of another Joey.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts