Can I watch one HD while recording another HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gblakely

Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
On my 921 I can record one HD while watching another HD (or record two HDs) as long as (1) they are two dish feeds or (2) one is a UFH feed and the other is a dish feed. But I cannot record two UHF Feeds.

The dish techs tell me that I shouldn't even be able to record two different dish feeds.

Why are they saying that? How is it supposed to work?
Thanks,
Gary

Yes

With a 921 you can record 1 sat and 1 ota channel (SD or HD or both). You just cannot record two OTA at the same time, or watch one OTA and record an OTA at the same time. You can watch a sat and record OTA or vice versa.

bdemz said:
With a 921 you can record 1 sat and 1 ota channel (SD or HD or both). You just cannot record two OTA at the same time, or watch one OTA and record an OTA at the same time. You can watch a sat and record OTA or vice versa.
You can do more than that. You can record two HD satellite at the same time. Or you can record one HD satellite and one HDTV OTA. And at the same time you can watch a previously recorded HD program. :)

I am aware that it is possible but I wonder why the Dish Tech support people insist that it is not possible. Perhaps they are planning on disabling this feature? Maybe there are bugs they can't solve so they have decided to "officially" drop the feature?

gblakely said:
I am aware that it is possible but I wonder why the Dish Tech support people insist that it is not possible. Perhaps they are planning on disabling this feature? Maybe there are bugs they can't solve so they have decided to "officially" drop the feature?

They are telling you that because they DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT. Any time you call tech support tell them you need to talk to someone on the "921 team". You could call 6 diferent times & get 6 different answers (but what a great way to spend 3 hours with a phone jammed in your ear)! Most unfortunate but true.

Asking the CSRs for technical help is like asking the Cashier at Burger King to give the ingredients in a whopper. They know how to push the buttons on their keyboard for the easy questions only or point you in the right directiontowards an advanced tech who does know how everything works (well.... most everything.... you'll do better looking here first)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)