Can low signal strength really slow down DVR functions and OTA channel change?

J_Smooth

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2022
Cedar Springs, MI
Quick question. My Hopper 3 has been very slow lately in changing channels or skipping forward/back. It takes about 3 seconds to complete any action, with a black screen in between. I called in to customer service today, and the agent was convinced it was because I had a very low signal on 72 (38). So they're sending a tech next week to fix that. But I'm getting slow response in changing from one OTA channel to another, as well as on recorded DVR programs. This would seem to have nothing to do with signal strength. Thoughts by the pros out there?

Quick question. My Hopper 3 has been very slow lately in changing channels or skipping forward/back. It takes about 3 seconds to complete any action, with a black screen in between. I called in to customer service today, and the agent was convinced it was because I had a very low signal on 72 (38). So they're sending a tech next week to fix that. But I'm getting slow response in changing from one OTA channel to another, as well as on recorded DVR programs. This would seem to have nothing to do with signal strength. Thoughts by the pros out there?

Not impossible. At least for changing channels it could make the receiver take longer to lock onto the signal or change satellites.

Not impossible. At least for changing channels it could make the receiver take longer to lock onto the signal or change satellites.
Sounds like you could have either a failing LNB or the dish has been knocked out of alignment or both. But when he comes, the tech should check all of this and correct it if that is the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts