Can my AZBox autoscan all birds?

acadiancowboy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Opelousas, Louisiana
I've looked high and low and cannot seem to find a way to do this, so I thought I would ask here.

I have an AZBox Premium + hooked up to a GBox 3000. Currently I have to search for each bird, then do a scan to confirm I have the right bird, save the channels, etc.

On an old analog receiver of mine, it was smart enough to actually scan the satellite arc searching for birds and doing scan until it hit the east or west limit. This was a really nice feature.

Given that the AZBox is the cream of the technology crop, I was hoping it had a similar function. Does it?

No it cannot be done with current factory firmware. What you describe can be done with Enigma2 however its still in beta.

It's been awhile but I could of swore that I could autoscan all sats by selecting all of them.

Last edited:
I do believe that Johnnynobody is correct, I think that if you already have all the sats listed in your AZBox, that if you select them all by placing a checkmark in the box to the left of the satellite name, it will go to each satellite that is checked and scan it for channels. The only problem that may exist with this is that the box may actually start scanning the next satellite before the motor actually gets into position. I cannot remember if this was a problem for the AZBox when I tried it or not. I think that the AZBox did wait until the motor was in position before it began scanning, but I am not certain of this. I know other receivers failed on this.

However, it will not do a scan of the arc simply searching for any satellites to install itself. Only the ones that are already listed (and only those that that you have checked off) will be scanned.

RADAR

I did have an issue that sometimes the Gbox went crazy when doing this so you better have your hard limits on your actuator set before trying this.

Yes, I am seeing the infamous "reset East Limit" issue when doing blind scan on my AZBox Premium HD + and my GBox 3000. I was hoping that a true "blind satellite scan" existed on the AZBox, as I have not found every satellite in the arc. It would certainly take some complex firmware to do a complete blind scan on satellite positions as well as the satellites themselves, but the beauty would be to leave it on during a clear night and let it go to work for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)