Can New DirecTv customer cancel within 30 days without penalty?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I have a customer of 7 years switch to Directv and he has had it for around a week or two. I was wondering if he can get out of the contract within 30 days without penalty. He wants to switch back to Dish Network with the equipment that he had. Dish would not offer him a very good deal to stay on with them but he does not like Directv (older guy that is used to Dish Nework). I was going to go over there and hookup his old hardware for nothing just to help him out since he is an old friend of mine as well.

If I remember right they give 10 or 14 days, I asked retention after having problems with my install.

The windows is not very long either way. If they are thinking of cancelling, the should call ASAP.

When I called in to inquire, they made concessions due to my problems, and extended my cancellation window up to 30 days. I ended up keeping it since they fixed the problems. In the end, I've been quite happy with their service and willingness to fix issues and provide credits due to inconveinces.

Is it really that little, the lady I spoke to in rentention said 10, but she may have been willing to make an exception.

3 days, that's pretty sad. Go 3 days then locked for 2 years.

I don't have any of the agreements laying around any longer, but I swear it was in fact a 30 day guarantee.

Is it really that little, the lady I spoke to in rentention said 10, but she may have been willing to make an exception.

3 days, that's pretty sad. Go 3 days then locked for 2 years.
72 hours is a standard "buyer's remorse" law in most if not all states..However if the customer initiated the sale the buyer's remorse does not apply, as I understand the regulation....
E* offers a 30 money back gurantee standard.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)