Can Only Have 2 Receivers / 4 Tuners?

dangerousdave

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Hi, Please answer my question at the end of my comments.

• I live in a large house with several apartments.
  • Landlord has provided me with a 522 dual tuner receiver for several years but at the end of this month it goes away.
  • Landlord has a VIP722 dual tuner.
  • Landlord now needs my receiver to feed other rooms in the house. I am out of luck because landlord says Dish told him that he is not allowed any more receivers. I would of course be happy to pay for another receiver on his contract.
Is it true today that Dish will not allow him to have any more receivers? If so, then I have to sign up for my own service.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi, Please answer my question at the end of my comments.

• I live in a large house with several apartments.
  • Landlord has provided me with a 522 dual tuner receiver for several years but at the end of this month it goes away.
  • Landlord has a VIP722 dual tuner.
  • Landlord now needs my receiver to feed other rooms in the house. I am out of luck because landlord says Dish told him that he is not allowed any more receivers. I would of course be happy to pay for another receiver on his contract.
Is it true today that Dish will not allow him to have any more receivers? If so, then I have to sign up for my own service.

Thanks,
Dave

They will not LEASE him any more tuners.... he/you can certainly BUY another receiver and add it to his account (can't tell Dish that it is for you, of course). They will charge $5 a month "Additional Outlet" fee on his account for this receiver.

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF RECEIVERS ??????

Does anyone know the maximum number of receivers allowed on an account, leased or owned? I could utilize as many as six with all eventually being dual tuners, not for apartments or anything, just largess. I like my HD for everywhere I view television, shop, bedroom, family room, living room, bedroom #2 when I'm in trizzouble.

This has been discussed before whereas some have slipped through the cracks and have leased more then 4 tuners.

I've personally seen it >-once-< within my days of installing. Lakebum on here has done this as well. Your chances of doing it is about as good as a winning a high dollar scratch off lottery ticket that you'd get for $1. Call, call, call, call, call... and maybe you'll get a CSR that doesn't know any better.

The max amount of tuners on an account is 6 if I remember correctly - leased/owned combined.

Nope...it's maximum number of receivers. You can have 6 dual tuners for 12 tuners total.

If you buy a new receiver, it can be added to the account for the same monthly fee. There's just an upfront cost.

Nope...it's maximum number of receivers. You can have 6 dual tuners for 12 tuners total.

If you buy a new receiver, it can be added to the account for the same monthly fee. There's just an upfront cost.

Correct on the receivers/tuners..... 6 receivers max, whether single or dual.

It won't be exactly the same monthly fee.... even if you own a receiver they charge $5/month to keep it active on the account... they just change the name of the charge from "Receiver Lease Fee" to "Additional Outlet Fee". And yes, if you have never activated that particular receiver on the account, there is an initial $49 activation fee (although I have heard some claim to have had this fee waived or reduced)

An "apartment" is a "residence" - unless the landlord has a commercial MDU agreement you should have your own account.

Well I wanted a second 622 and had to settle for a 612, so I have 3 leased receivers, 4 tuners. So you are saying with the right CSR I could have gotten a second leased 622???

It can be done, but I didn't get mine through a CSR, used the executive response team. I have a 722, 622 and 625, total of 6 tuners, but if you count the OTAs in 22s I have 8 active tuners.

That's crap. I have 4 leased receivers (7 tuners). If you are a good customer they usually will waive the limit. That's how I got them to do it.

Are you, perhaps, a customer who was upgraded from the old MPEG2 STB's to the new MPEG4 STB's because that is almost the only exception Dish has ever made to the 4 tuner lease rule? (the 2 tuner 612's count as only 1 tuner) Now, I have heard of Dish, on rare occasions, waiving the 6 box limit per household account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)