can sats be added to coolsat 5000 platinum?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
SATisfied,

A really simple thing to do (so that you don't have to hunt around with DiSEqC 1.2 positioning of your motor to dial in each satellite) is to just change your longitude coordinate in the USALS menu.

Now that you have KTEL channel in, set that satellite back to using USALS and adjust the longitude degrees a little east or west until it starts increasing the signal quality. When you determine which direction you need to go, continue adjusting the longitude in that direction until the quality peaks out.

Once you have this set, then ALL other satellites wil be spot on (provided that the motor latitude and dish elevation adjustments are correct).

This method is much more simple than using DiSEqC 1.2 since once you have it set well for one satellite, all the others will follow.

RADAR

Well, I reset the longitude coordinates in the USALS menu just as you instructed until I had the peak signal locked in while using USALS, and now ALL the sats are set to USALS and getting peak quality with no more moving the dish with diseqc 1.2.

My dish was farther off than I realized. My original coordinate was 76.8° W. Usually I would hit the "move east" button twice to get the best quality. When I reset the coordinates while on the peak, the new coordinates ended up @ 79.0° W.! When I first aligned the dish, it was spot on because I never needed to use diseqc 1.2 to tweak the signal....it was on the peak on every sat, but then I decided to lower the dish on the pole some to hopefully broaden the range of sats, but that didn't help and only messed up my original alignment which is why I started using diseqc . I had no idea it was so far off. I am going to reset the alignment in the spring when it warmer, but for now the new USALS coordinates will do the job.....thanks again for that tip, Radar.

Well, I reset the longitude coordinates in the USALS menu just as you instructed until I had the peak signal locked in while using USALS, and now ALL the sats are set to USALS and getting peak quality with no more moving the dish with diseqc 1.2.

My dish was farther off than I realized. My original coordinate was 76.8° W. Usually I would hit the "move east" button twice to get the best quality. When I reset the coordinates while on the peak, the new coordinates ended up @ 79.0° W.! When I first aligned the dish, it was spot on because I never needed to use diseqc 1.2 to tweak the signal....it was on the peak on every sat, but then I decided to lower the dish on the pole some to hopefully broaden the range of sats, but that didn't help and only messed up my original alignment which is why I started using diseqc . I had no idea it was so far off. I am going to reset the alignment in the spring when it warmer, but for now the new USALS coordinates will do the job.....thanks again for that tip, Radar.

SATisfied,

You are very welcome!

I always use USALS with my motor setups, when I can. I am sure that you see the really nice advantage to this, if you know the tricks. I had forgotten about the one advantage that you brought up... It makes it very identifiable how far off and in which direction your azimuth positioning is with a mere glance at the longitude coordinate that you have to set.

USALS makes the whole process much simpler and more fun.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)