Can signal from 2 dishes be combined to increase strength?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
one day I stepped to the side of a dish 500 and the signals must of been bouncing off my body. big increase in signal strength. I was standing to the side of a dish 500 on a tripod. I was amazed I could be a signal reflector:)

Just for the heck of it you might try attaching some alunimum foil to a heavy piece of cardboad or plywood and experiment to try to increase signal strength on the transponders you want. if it doesnt work you lost nothing but it MIGHT help:)

Interesting... I guess that I could try it just to see what happens, although I don't think I would want to use something highly reflective (unless I want to buy another LNB after mine gets torched).

Thanks for the info. I've seen some of the large, older style dishes around and have wondered if they could be used. You say that it won't be as efficient, but will work better since it would be bigger. Do you have any idea how large one of those dishes would have to be to approximately have as much gain as an 8' offset dish?
At least a 10.

So 2x d500 setup in a wing. You need to either switch to a single 1k2 ea or wa dish set that will allow guy to remove the wing and the sw33. Then if you still have problems i would recommend throwing a power inserter on the system if you need any more power

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I also am not in the U.S. (in the Caribbean) and have a couple of questions about installing Dish network if anybody could help. I have the hopper with sling, 2 joeys that were on the eastern arch with LNB and the switch that i was using in the US. I bought a 4ft dish to use but i am going to have to get another LNB cause there is no way to mouth the triple LNB on the dish. Could I buy a dual LNB for sats 110 and 119 and use it with my equipment? Would i need a new switch since the old one was for the eastern arc? Also does the type of LNB matter on whether or not it receives HD?

I have a legacy dish 300 with the hopper. I feed the 72 to the switch on the 110/119/118 lnb and that works perfectly fine. I get all HD's and the local on 110 and 118 internationals as well. Mixed Arc. For channels that are overlapped between 72.7 and 110, the hopper goes for 72.7. never had a single issue. I'm in the west coast.

I'd say legacy lnb should work with dp44 maybe? Not sure.

I have a legacy dish 300 with the hopper. I feed the 72 to the switch on the 110/119/118 lnb and that works perfectly fine. I get all HD's and the local on 110 and 118 internationals as well. Mixed Arc. For channels that are overlapped between 72.7 and 110, the hopper goes for 72.7. never had a single issue. I'm in the west coast.

I'd say legacy lnb should work with dp44 maybe? Not sure.
Legacy can't work with DPP switches.

Legacy can't work with DPP switches.

What are you trying to say. That my setup of 110, 119, 118.5 and 72.7 is not possible. I have a dish 300 legacy single lnb into the switch of 110,110 and 118.5. It works. If that setup is in doubt let me know and I'll post pictures.

When legacy lnb is used with DP switches there will be missing channels as there is no signal to switch polarity.
I didn't even realize i am missing the channels. I'll pull up the 72.7 list and do a search on my dish. i get all the known channels. tbs, cnn, hb0, cinemax, showtime. I doubt what you are saying is true. Can you give any two channels on opposite polarity?

Besides how else do you recommend I do a setup with 72.7 into the combined switch.

Use a dish pro lnb as opposed to the legacy you are using.

I tried to check the channels on the list to see what I was missing and there were none I could find so I came here to report back the findings. Upon seeing your post, I went back out to see which lnb did I receive and it is indeed the DishPro. I thought it was legacy. My bad!! the lnb says DPpro. That one line goes into the dish 500+ built in switch of 110/119/118.5. this is a viable setup. Dish shouldn't walk customers away if they need dish with 72.7. The installer refused to do this setup the first time around.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)