Can SiriusXM Survive Without Howard Stern?

Stern is the epitome of media hype.

Reality? He has one act. "I cannot believe somebody said **** on the radio!!!!" Once you accept that, yes, somebody said **** on the radio, or, mature past the mental age of 12 and quit finding it funny that somebody did, he is finished.

Reality? When this joker was "king of all media", he had a mediocre rated show in a FEW BIG CITIES. He parlayed stunt disputes with the FCC into an obscure TV show and a mediocre movie (now nearly 20 years old and available in K-Mart's bargain tub for $1).

Reality? Parlayed all that into millions from SXM. Now, AGAIN, trying to hit us up because he brings all these dozens of subscribers to SXM.

SXM can finds another no talent to make fart noises. SXM's market is truckers and salesmen.

Sam judging by reading your post you havent listened to Stern in awile if at all

there is no better interviewer in the business than Howard Stern.

My wife had the same opinion of him as you do, then one day I had him on and he was interviewing someone she turned the radio up and said great interview. Now if I have him in the car and she comes in she likes listening.

Reactions: dfergie
Sam judging by reading your post you havent listened to Stern in awile if at all

My wife had the same opinion of him as you do, then one day I had him on and he was interviewing someone she turned the radio up and said great interview. Now if I have him in the car and she comes in she likes listening.

I'm someone who isn't a fan of him. I will say that when I am flipping through the channels and see that he is interviewing someone I like I will stop and listen for a while.

The problem is that they are usually doing some moronic bit instead of an interview when I flip his channel on. I find the rest of his show and all the dumb characters to be so un-funny and juvenile that I don't want to sit through them in the hopes that an interview is coming up. This means that more often than not I just completely ignore channel 100 and 101.

Stern is the epitome of media hype.

Reality? He has one act. "I cannot believe somebody said **** on the radio!!!!" Once you accept that, yes, somebody said **** on the radio, or, mature past the mental age of 12 and quit finding it funny that somebody did, he is finished.

Reality? When this joker was "king of all media", he had a mediocre rated show in a FEW BIG CITIES. He parlayed stunt disputes with the FCC into an obscure TV show and a mediocre movie (now nearly 20 years old and available in K-Mart's bargain tub for $1).

Reality? Parlayed all that into millions from SXM. Now, AGAIN, trying to hit us up because he brings all these dozens of subscribers to SXM.

SXM can finds another no talent to make fart noises. SXM's market is truckers and salesmen.

I'm someone who isn't a fan of him. I will say that when I am flipping through the channels and see that he is interviewing someone I like I will stop and listen for a while.

The problem is that they are usually doing some moronic bit instead of an interview when I flip his channel on. I find the rest of his show and all the dumb characters to be so un-funny and juvenile that I don't want to sit through them in the hopes that an interview is coming up. This means that more often than not I just completely ignore channel 100 and 101.

I have to say I agree with most of what all of you folks are saying. But when he is on the air his show they are acting like 10 or 12 year old kids. and the show is like "School yard politics" as "SWMbO" calls it.
I just don't think they need the majority of the conversations have a 75% to 98% level of Vulgar Language (He's no Marine Corps Drill Instructor)
images.duckduckgo.com7.jpg

I'm going to sound as if I'm against your position, but my point will come around to support it. Reverend Bob Levy had his falling out with Howard, and has since switched alliance to Opie and Anthony (now Opie and Jim). In an interview with...I wish I remember who...Levy stated that one thing he likes better about Opie's show, compared to Howard, is the interviews on Opie are more of a conversation. Howard has a script of topics that are decided upon in a pre-interview.

A friend of mine told me about Howard's recent interview of Conan O'Brien. I listened to it on YouTube. Despite, the differences in practice, that interview was well polished. I wouldn't say that it was the best ever, but it did keep my interested. His procedure for interviewing works and does garner positive results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)