Can Snow on Dish hurt the signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

abisdabis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
Western PA
A buddy of mine has a Dish 500 (I think) with a 625 receiver. This morning there was no tv, just trying to acquire a signal. This happened a few weeks ago. The common thread is that it snowed overnight on both days. If there is snow on the dish will that affect the signal? Would you expec to loose the picture? Is there anything else that can be checked prior to climbing on the roof and brushing off the dish?

A buddy of mine has a Dish 500 (I think) with a 625 receiver. This morning there was no tv, just trying to acquire a signal. This happened a few weeks ago. The common thread is that it snowed overnight on both days. If there is snow on the dish will that affect the signal? Would you expec to loose the picture? Is there anything else that can be checked prior to climbing on the roof and brushing off the dish?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/154240-no-dish-service-due-snow.html

A dry powdery snow will not usually interfere or will cause a slight amount of interference. A heavy wet snow will cause major interference..DO not allow ice to accumulate on the dish...
Here's a littel trick. If your area forecast calls for winter precip, take a can of PAM or other non-stick cooking spray and apply it ot the dish ONLY....Do not spray the product on the feed horn cups(eyes) of the LNB(s)....
The spray will retard the ability of the water/snow from sticking to the dish and reduces freeze potential.....

as noted above powdery snow doesnt do much. I've had an inch or so powdery snow on my dishes and no issues. Heck the C-band dish had 4 inches of snow on it and had no issues

But wet snow will kill a signal.....check to see if its on the LNB because wet snow on a LNB equals no signal

Iceberg, Can you merge this thread with this one [Click here to read the First Post] You are subscribed to this thread No dish service due to snow
Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)