Can someone confirm that Dish On Demand is really this bad?

The other thing, it's - 2 degrees outside right now and my car is ice cold. I'm home with my 2 year old and don't want to take him out but he really wants to watch smurfs 2. I know to each his own but the convenience of ordering on my Hopper and not having to go start my car, deal with the cold and icy roads highly outweighs the cost difference between red box and ipvod.

And don't forget fuel. What's it cost just to START a car today? 50 cents? A dollar?

I can walk to a Redbox. But with snow and ice, a dark muddy pathway and the cold, I'd drive the mile or so roundabout loop to get there. But we rarely rent movies- we own so many we haven't gotten around to watching.

Hmmmm- gotta see if Dish has Emperor for rent.

My personal belief is craft for quality, Coors for quantity. I dabble in some small volume home brewing as well.

If you're gonna drink Coors, you might as well drink water, "it's the water" don'tchaknow..... :) Craft all the way, commercial or homebrewed....

I can use a drive thru liquor store in Florida and get that 12 pack. (Had never seen that before)

I think they have Emperor. I think I watched it a few weeks ago. If it's what I think it is, I liked it.

Well I tried looking last night and couldn't find it. Under Blockbuster and On Demand there is no real search function. How do they actually rent out anything but the most popular movies?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I use it a fair amount, but wish it was easier. My parents have TWC and theirs is actually very easy to find stuff, especially by network. It's one of the very few good things about TWC.

I'd use it more if it was easier to find stuff and more content available from a network show perspective. I find the free movie selection to be pretty good though.

I use it a fair amount, but wish it was easier. My parents have TWC and theirs is actually very easy to find stuff, especially by network. It's one of the very few good things about TWC.

I'd use it more if it was easier to find stuff and more content available from a network show perspective. I find the free movie selection to be pretty good though.
We had Time Warner ~6 years ago and their set-top interface leaves a LOT to be desired, but even back then, their on-demand interface (and mechanism) was much better than Dish's. Everytime I see a post from a new Dish customer with "we just left (insert cable company here) and I was looking at the on-demand stuff", I know what's coming next. Dish really needs to look at the competition, the good and the bad, including services like Netflix, Roku, etc, and consider a total revamp of their "on-demand" setup. I don't know if they can fix the current one.... I also wonder if the underlying system that the UI is built on could be a limiting factor....

It is interesting to search for "Emperor" and see the results. I can only assume that the word is in the descriptions. Since I get no MacArthur movie I can only assume it's not available On Demand. Or that the Search function leaves much to be desired (oh, how could I think such a thing!).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It is interesting to search for "Emperor" and see the results. I can only assume that the word is in the descriptions. Since I get no MacArthur movie I can only assume it's not available On Demand. Or that the Search function leaves much to be desired (oh, how could I think such a thing!).
Presuming that Dish Anywhere is accurately tied in, it's not currently there / available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)