Can someone explain my options please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sassan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Columbus
So I was doing the reading I needed to do, and I called Dish last night and got more info....

I just bought an HDTV, and I wanna switch to the HD programming. I just joined Dish in April, and I have the 625 box. I was told that I could get a second box, which would be the "master" HD box, and it would cost $99 to upgrade, and that i could take the 625 to the second TV and go from there.

I have the America's Everything Pak, and the dish Latino bonus pak add-on, as well as locals and superstations.

So do I just get the HD Platinum pak, with locals. Its like $12 more than what I am paying right now. Does this sound right? Any offers I could take advantage of, or anything else come to mind?

I just want to confirm all of this before I order the new package tonight.

Thanks!

One more thing......

I have 3 TVs now. One HD, two standard. I have a 625 receiver right now. My thought would be to move that one to the other 2 TVs, and then get a 211 for the HDTV. The 211 is free right now, and the 622 w/ DVR is $199. I don't need a DVR because I have a Tivo.

Does that make sense?

One 211....HDTV...with my Tivo
One 625....for the other two TVs, and it would be my Dish DVR too.

Just want to make sure I have all this info correct.

Thanks!

The only problem with using a TiVo with the 211 is that the 211 "goes to sleep" after 4 hours inactivity (or whatever delay it is set to) and the TiVo records the bouncing Dish logo instead of your programming. Also, the TiVo records your HD programming in SD ONLY. It requires some planning and baby sitting to make the 211 work properly with a TiVo.

Jim5506 said:
The only problem with using a TiVo with the 211 is that the 211 "goes to sleep" after 4 hours inactivity (or whatever delay it is set to) and the TiVo records the bouncing Dish logo instead of your programming. Also, the TiVo records your HD programming in SD ONLY. It requires some planning and baby sitting to make the 211 work properly with a TiVo.

Inactivity Screen can be reset to not turn off, or set timer to view program you are interested. It would mean double setting as the tivo unit would also have to be set.

I have seen reports that turning the inactivity screen off does not remedy the problem - people still get the bouncing Dish logo on recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)