Can someone explain these charges?

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
On my monthly bill I'm getting the following charges and was hoping someone could clarify them for me. I've been a dish customer for probably 3-4 years now. According to my most recent invoice this is what is described along with the charges:

Digital Home Plan w/ AT60, 1RCVR, Local: $36.99
Leased Receiver Fee: $5.00
HD: $10.00

I have an older 301 (I think) that came with the original install several years ago and recently traded my other 301 for an 811. I understand the HD charge, but it appears to me that disregarding the HD, I am basically paying $42 for AT60 w/ locals on 2 TVS!!! When I go to the website it says that the cost for AT60 w/ locals on 4 TVs is $31.99...Why am I getting raped this additional $10 every month? Am I actually paying an additional $5 per receiver every month? If so, is there any way at all to get out of this? Thanks in advance for any and all clarification.

McBride

The DHP had a built in $5 monthly equipment warrenty. So, you are actually paying $31.99 for the AT60, $5 for the lease fee, which is $36.99. The additional outlet fee is $4.99 per receiver, which brings your bill to $41.98. If you got the 811 through the upgrade, you should have gotten the HDPack for 1/2 price for 1 year, so it should only be $4.99. If not, then your bill is correct. The DHA you are seeing is for new customers using dual tuner receivers plugged into a landline. It's $31.99 for 2 TVs and $36.98 for 4 TVs. However, this doesn't include the extended warrenty(unless you sign a commitment, and then the warrenty if free for the commitment. You have to pay for it after the commitment). There is no way to change from a DHP to a DHA.

Larry is right.

31.99--AT60
5.00---Lease Fee
Here is your 36.99
4.99---Additional Receiver(your 811)

Your bill is right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)