can someone please answer a few questions about the D* DVR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I might switch to DTV from E* and I just wanted some info on the D* DVR.

1. Does the R10 have a UHF remote? If not, can a person upgrade? If so, how much would that cost?

2. Can it operate 2 televisions individually, two different outputs, or just one?

3. Does it have the 30 second skip ahead and 15 second skip back?

4. Can you organize recorded events by date as well as by name?

THANKS!!!!

1. No. You can't upgrade to one either. I do miss that UHF remote the 522 had.

2. The R10 can operate only one tv, it's not like the 522 in that respect. It is however stable and doesn't require constant reboots and babysitting in order to make sure it actually records what you want. Sorry, I used to have a 522 :).

3. You can activate the 30 second skip, although it doesn't come with this when shipped. It does have a back skip but I think it's about an 8 second interval instead of the 15 that Dish has.

4. I actually don't know the answer to your last question, although I like the Now Playing List style Tivo uses better than the way Dish did it.

Right now you can get the R10 for free after a rebate from Directv. I believe you can get two of them at this price. I can almost guarantee you'll like Directv's DVR a lot better than the Dish one.

Thanks!!! Everytime I call and ask these questions, I get different answers!

One CSR told me that I could upgrade to a UHF, but, I'm not sure if she even knew what a UHF remote was. I guess I could invest in some IR extenders, if I reall wanted to use it in another room.

miguelaqui said:
I might switch to DTV from E* and I just wanted some info on the D* DVR.

4. Can you organize recorded events by date as well as by name?

yes . . just press 1 or 2 on the remote, it toggles instantly btwn name and date . . (you do have to be in the Now Playing List, of course)

miguelaqui said:
Thanks!!! Everytime I call and ask these questions, I get different answers!

One CSR told me that I could upgrade to a UHF, but, I'm not sure if she even knew what a UHF remote was. I guess I could invest in some IR extenders, if I reall wanted to use it in another room.

lots of aftermarket UHF choices, none innate to DTV . . very popular with the Dish crew though . . CSR consumed illegal comestibles, most likely . .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)