Can someone point me in the right direction

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carbon

Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Well this weekend I am planning on installing a HR20-700 I searched high and low but I am not sure if I was using the correct terms. What I need to know is if I can get locals in HD (I live in zip code 03263) with a 3 lnb dish. The locals that I get now is SD are from Boston with the exception of one, which I never watch so I don't care.

OTA is out of the question I live approximately 70 miles from Boston and live in a valley.

I have Total Choice Premier so all I have to add is the HD package to get all the HD that is available at this time with the exception of the NFL Sunday Ticket Superfan and/or other special sport packages?

Thanks Guys.

HD locals are available from Boston. You will need an AT9 dish to get them, as they are transmitted in MPEG4, as well as a newer HD receiver (HR20 is fine.)

ramcm7 said:
HD locals are available from Boston. You will need an AT9 dish to get them, as they are transmitted in MPEG4, as well as a newer HD receiver (HR20 is fine.)

Will I be able to get ESPN2, HDNET, HBO etc. HD? With the 3LNB Dish. Until I can get Directv to come out and install the AT9.

Carbon said:
Will I be able to get ESPN2, HDNET, HBO etc. HD? With the 3LNB Dish. Until I can get Directv to come out and install the AT9.

Yes, they are still MPEG2.

Thanks for your help guys. Oh one other thing is the ethernet port usable yet on the HR20 I notice in the manual it say "for future".

No, it is on... and it sends out some packet bursts... but it doesn't "do" anything yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts