Can someone tell me what bird this is...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Xevious2K

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Guilford, CT
Greetings All,

I got the dish mounted and aimed at (I think) AMC6. Could someone verify this. I haven't installed the motor yet, just going step by step.

Here are a couple of the channels I found...
1. Sat Link 2 Path 1
2. Sat Link Path 2
3. NBCNC
4. $AETV (I think the $ refers to Scrambled or encoded)

Any Idea what bird this is?

Thanks

charper1 said:
What tp freq - sym rate is the $AETV on?

charper1,

You'll have to forgive me, I'm so new to this, I have no idea how to get that information out of my receiver. :(

Thanks PSB and Iceberg. knowing where I am is always a good place to start. :D

most receivers you can press the info button and it shows it

couple examples are enclosed

Attachments

• IM000285.JPG
    IM000285.JPG
    297.4 KB · Views: 187
  • IM000199.JPG
    IM000199.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 178
Iceberg,

If it's OK with you, I may PM you with some questions. I just got the Pansat 3500s and whoever wrote the manual is still in 3rd grade. If you think it would be better to post the questions in general, just let me know.

Thanks,

yes the manuals are usually junk.

You can PM me if you'd like, but if you post the questions out here than people who might have the same questions will know the answers :)

Currently my dish is fixed, (I need a better mount for the motor), at AMC9. I'm going to move the dish manually tonight. Can someone reccommend a bird that has some interesting programming. Or better yet, a bird that is transmitting NASA TV that I can pick up on Ku with a universal LNB?

Thanks,

NASA is on Echostar 7 (119) but you need a DBS LNB for that. NASA doesnt have a KU feed right now (a true KU feed...not DBS)

Otherwise there are a couple options
IA6 (93) for news feeds
G10 (123) for networks
AMC3 (87) for PBS..but you need an AC-3 receiver for those.
IA5 (97) if you want to learn a new language :)

you might try the liberty channel on amc4, they have been re-broadcasting nasa quite a bit lately.

Can I just wire tie a dtv lnb to my existing one to pick up E7? I've seen that other people have done this. What are the drawbacks? Will it work OK?

Thanks,

Xevious2K said:
Can I just wire tie a dtv lnb to my existing one to pick up E7? I've seen that other people have done this. What are the drawbacks? Will it work OK?

Thanks,

get a hose clamp at a hardware store...much sturdier

It works great..I have that right now on my motorized. Only drawback is if its motorized, you can't aim at 119 for the audio, since its off the KU band. So you aim for 123 or 115 :)

I use to have a fixed dish at 123 (Galaxy 10) and a LNB next to it for the Audio on 119

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts