Can somone tell me if my HD antenna was isntall wrong.

jeostang

Original poster
Nov 20, 2005
Can somone tell me if my HD antenna was installed wrong.

All my neighbors can get HD OTA, but I can't, not one channel.

They started to install my OTA by bringing the cable into the house and plugging it into the multiswitch, but they didn't feel like drilling though the house so they cut my SAT. cable put a diplexer on it so now the cable coming from my OTA goes to one side of the diplexer and the SAT. goes the the other side and then one cable goes into the house to the multiswitch. Then they have another diplexer after the multiswitch. I asked are they sure it will work that way and they said yes, but they were unable to get any local channels, my neighbor right next to me has the same antenna and gets Washington channels and Baltimore channels. Could my setup be incorrect?

Ok I'm looking at my setup signal strength and it goes from 10 to 50 to 255% back and fourth like that.

My zip is 20707

Hook an analog tv set ans see what you get. If you don't get analog; you won't get digital.

Check all of your connectors. One stray shield wire wrapped around the center conductor of the coax will result in no signal.

Hook the cables firectly to OTA without the diplexors and without the satellite feed. If you get OTA in both analog and digital, you either have a bad diplexor built into the multiswitch or the diplexor downline.

Do I hook the analog antenna directly to the HD tuner? I have a tv that does get analog channels perfect.

Yeah,

Try hooking the antenna directly to the HDTV tuner.

It really appears that the tuner is not correctly programmed, if you get stunning analog.

I hate dilpexing or splitting the antenna cable at all.
First hook direct from the antenna to HD tuner. No breaks other than forground block is best in my experiences.
How far from towers are you? Do you need or not need an amp. Just a few things to think about.
Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)