Can the 811 output 2 signals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

crash331

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
Reason being is because I have a stand alone (non HD) TiVo but I want to get HD. I had Voom in the past, and with it you can use the Component to output HD and at the same time use composite to output SD, that way I can have an HD signal going to my reciever, and an SD signal going to the TiVo. And if I want to watch a show on TiVo, I just switch inputs on my receiver.

Oh, also can the TiVo control the DISH unit with a cable? Or will I have to use IR blasters?

Man, I am confused. Someone tell me how I can do this. I just want to watch live TV in HD, but if I record stuff, I don't care if it's HD. I just dont want to miss 24 and Lost because I work when it comes on.

Blech. I am spoiled by the serial control with my DirecTV unit. Do any DISH units offer serial control?

And if I set it up with IR control, I would have to use the TiVo remote to change the channel even if I use the HD input that bypasses the TiVo, wouldn't I?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)