can you connect the dvr 522 to a pc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Welcome to satellite guys!:clap the answer to your question is No not leagaly.. You can but that would be hack talk and no hack talk is allowed here! Thanks for Visiting hope this helps.

Well, there is a legal way to go about that. You can hook up your DVR to a video-capture card; much the same way you would hook up a DVR to a VCR to transfer recordings. Keep in mind that a 1 hour long program will take 1 hour to record. What goaliebob99 was aluding to is the transfer of contents at a much faster rate. Probably using the USB or Firewire ports

goaliebob99 said:
Welcome to satellite guys!:clap the answer to your question is No not leagaly.. You can but that would be hack talk and no hack talk is allowed here! Thanks for Visiting hope this helps.

Actually, that is a very grey area. There were rumors that the file systems on the Linux receivers are encrypted, but I believe that is not the case. Before saying something is illegal, it should be investigated further. Considering the extra demands on the processor that encryption requires, I would be suprised if that is the case. It could just be that they save the file in a different format than the 501/08/10s do. There is a very fine line there, but we don't know exactly WHERE the line is.

webbydude said:
Well, there is a legal way to go about that. You can hook up your DVR to a video-capture card; much the same way you would hook up a DVR to a VCR to transfer recordings. Keep in mind that a 1 hour long program will take 1 hour to record. What goaliebob99 was aluding to is the transfer of contents at a much faster rate. Probably using the USB or Firewire ports

Also keep in mind that since they will have the ability to offload the files to a pocketDish device, there may soon be a new way to be able to actually make DVDs from the receiver directly via a USB network.

so doing it through analog methods would be a legal way to do it.....and to tranfer them like files would not be legal....do i have this right

The streams are in fact NOT encrypted, I have transferred several files to DVD, using freely available legal tools, following the instructions that are available in the files area of a certain yahoo group.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)