Can you get CBS HD if HD LIL is available??

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well it looks like I might get the 811 fired up and back on Dish

Now the question...can I get CBS HD from NY?

My local CBS (WCCO) is O&O so thats good
there is no other CBS that can claim me as Grade B

Since you need a VIP receiver for HD LIL can I get just CBS HD with the 811?
Also do you need to subscribe to the locals to get it?

Iceberg said:
Well it looks like I might get the 811 fired up and back on Dish

"Now the question...can I get CBS HD from NY?"

You must live in one of the markets listed on the website otherwise the computer will say no and they can't get it overridden. http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/locals/cbshd/

My station is O&O also, but they made me get a waiver from a station 110 miles away over the hills. The station manager said they were smoking somethin funny, but they granted it.

My local CBS (WCCO) is O&O so thats good
there is no other CBS that can claim me as Grade B (Be very careful about that one. That's what I thought.

Since you need a VIP receiver for HD LIL can I get just CBS HD with the 811?
Also do you need to subscribe to the locals to get it?

You can get it a'la carte for $1.50.

Scott

fergie
That won't work. i know I qualify for HD LIL if I had a VIP receiver. But since I don't, can I get CBS HD from NY?

I qualify because I am in a O&O market and no other CBS can claim me Grade B

teachsac
Do I need to subscribe to locals to get it?

I read all of that but I guess the question is now that HD LIL is available in Minneapolis, can you still get CBS HD distant or is it the old “HD LIL is available, sorry can’t get CBS HD from NY. Get a VIP receiver”

That's a good question. They did not shut off my CBS when my locals went live. The rule is (But not always followed) that you can get your time zone or later.

Iceberg said:
I read all of that but I guess the question is now that HD LIL is available in Minneapolis, can you still get CBS HD distant or is it the old “HD LIL is available, sorry can’t get CBS HD from NY. Get a VIP receiver”

I'm in the northern suburbs of minneapolis, and we have HD LIL, along with CBS HD from NY. Our services were turned off for a week as we explored comcasts offerings for HD, and then when we turned the dish stuff back on last week, they reactivated everything and added CBSHD from NY no problem. So, I'd guess yes you can :)

I get both CBS Hd from New York, which I just got added last month, and my Houston locals. I also have the ota Cbs station in hd. So I got three hd channels to choose from . I have waivers for all distant networks . The last waiver for CBS came in last month . I only applied for it about 24 times in the last 6 years but it finally came through. Not that it will matter if the courts decide to turn off all distant nets and decide that even Cbs hd channel will have to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts