Can you "hide" other channels than the locals?

Lars

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2004
I get a question every time my daughter is searching the guide as to what the Playboy channel is (I don't have it, but even the titles are sometimes extreme). There are other channels I never watch and never will. Why can't I "hide" them like I can with any other sat system (or correct me if I am wrong and actually can).

Because the Voom programmers are lame. Look how long it's taken just to get what we have. Crap, the Program Planner doesn't even work right.

It's not programmers. It's VOOM marketing people who want you to see all extra channels as a constant reminder...

Lars, the only workaround (though not very convenient) is to put all your channels into the Favorites list. An use FAV button instead of VOOM button.

VOOM isn't very "family-friendly". You have found just one example. There are others. I could only hold out for 3 months before I couldn't take it anymore.

Ilya said:
It's not programmers. It's VOOM marketing people who want you to see all extra channels as a constant reminder...

Lars, the only workaround (though not very convenient) is to put all your channels into the Favorites list. An use FAV button instead of VOOM button.
It is programmers, because when you have a Favorites list, but choose to browse using the Surf Bar, you see ALL channels, not the Favs. This is a really STUPID design. They should make it like Dish where you have 4 favorites lists you can create and when you browse via the Surf Bar OR the EPG, it only displays what's in the list you have currently selected.

Maybe someone who knows Walt should let him know this is not going to fly in most places. This HAS to be addressed at some time in the evolution of the software.

V6.2 firmware

VOOM questions/STB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)