Can you mount any TV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

HD_Eric

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Rochester, NY
Specifically, a Toshiba 52HM84. This is a DLP set that weighs 180 pounds. There are brackets (Sanus?) that say they hold this much but I wanted your guy's opinion?

Thanks!
Eric :confused:

I was about to buy this set and i can tell you, frankly 180 lbs is way too heavy to mount! Most mountable hd plasma sets only weigh about 80 to 90 lbs. If I were you I wouldn't even try it! However, that just my 2 cents.:)

I think that TV only weighs about 85 pounds. It should be relatively easy to mount

toto said:
I think that TV only weighs about 85 pounds. It should be relatively easy to mount
Your right! Oops my misstake! :p However, looking at the width and depth of this unit, I still wouldnt take that chance! :no

85# is probably wall mountable as long as you had good mounting to the wall studs behind. That would only be 43# per stud if the bracket was 18 inches or wider.

Sanus has a bunch of different brackets that will do up to a 60" TV.

AS toto suggested, a carpenter might put a 2x6 between the studs for more support or if you are a DIY'er, you could attempt it.

I wouldn't mount it over my bed though, just in case... :p

I have the Panasonic 50" DLP and I built mine into a wall. I think at 15 inches deep a DLP unless of the slimmer design is not an eye pleasing thing to mount.

Kryspy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts