Can you mount any TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HD_Eric

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Rochester, NY
Specifically, a Toshiba 52HM84. This is a DLP set that weighs 180 pounds. There are brackets (Sanus?) that say they hold this much but I wanted your guy's opinion?

Thanks!
Eric :confused:

I was about to buy this set and i can tell you, frankly 180 lbs is way too heavy to mount! Most mountable hd plasma sets only weigh about 80 to 90 lbs. If I were you I wouldn't even try it! However, that just my 2 cents.:)

I think that TV only weighs about 85 pounds. It should be relatively easy to mount

toto said:
I think that TV only weighs about 85 pounds. It should be relatively easy to mount
Your right! Oops my misstake! :p However, looking at the width and depth of this unit, I still wouldnt take that chance! :no

85# is probably wall mountable as long as you had good mounting to the wall studs behind. That would only be 43# per stud if the bracket was 18 inches or wider.

Sanus has a bunch of different brackets that will do up to a 60" TV.

AS toto suggested, a carpenter might put a 2x6 between the studs for more support or if you are a DIY'er, you could attempt it.

I wouldn't mount it over my bed though, just in case... :p

I have the Panasonic 50" DLP and I built mine into a wall. I think at 15 inches deep a DLP unless of the slimmer design is not an eye pleasing thing to mount.

Kryspy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts