Can you recover deleted EHD programs?

jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
I screwed up while deleting duplicated episodes, and #3 of 14 is gone. It doesn't show up in the deleted folder on the DVR menu. Is there any way to recover it, perhaps by mounting the drive in a linux machine?

Thanks!

Thanks Chad, I was waiting for the chorus of folks offering hope & solutions, but alas, no joy. Can't say I'm too surprised given D's low priority to file system issues. I had lost the local PBS' #3 of 14 for "The Jewel in the Crown", which I had watched in 1984 on my 12" Sony color TV (with rabbit ears antenna - we've come a long way!). I can stream individual episodes on Amazon (it's pre-HD), so it's not the end of the world.

Did you try doing a search to look for the show? You never know it might be showing somewhere you least expected.
Yes - I'll check the two local PBS stations more often. One can hope. Maybe they'll even bring back "Danger UXB" (unexploded bombs -- about British WWII bomb disposal squads) and "A town like Alice".

You don't need to look through the guide yourself. Press the search button on your Hopper's remote. Then enter DANGER UXB and the Hopper will search all channels for you. Do the same for A TOWN LIKE ALICE Next week press the search button then the green button and select a previous search string.

Reactions: david_jr
Hi tallfence, I wondered if that would work. I've had a timer set to look for "BOGART", but I haven't recorded a single movie from it for months now. Maybe that's because I've already recorded most of his popular movies. I would have thought if that were the case they'd be in the daily recordings section lined out.

I have Danger UXB on VHS, as it seemingly was never released on DVD. I lucked into it at a library book sale. Love that series. Especially the nice twist at the end.

I sure didn't find it available on DVD when I picked it up on VHS. Granted, this was many years ago.

On edit: looks like DVD came out 2006.

Thanks for the tip. For $23 on Amazon I'll buy it - the perfect thing to bring when I'm at a state park RV site with trees to the south. I can't wait to see these shows on real TVs instead of the Sony Triniton 12" I first saw them on. Heck, I watched the complete original Battlestar Galactica on a 9" B&W. "Dad, what's a black and white TV? Rabbit ears - what does that have to do with television?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)