Can you request a new satellite dish hook up

Mike500 said:
Installling on vinyl siding is doable. However, it takes special skills not usually had by satellite TV installers.

It is not my preferred mounting location, but I've done lots of them, especially for two story houses.

The key is a tool made by "Malco" called the "Sideswiper (available at Lowe's or Home Depot for about $5), that allows the user to release the bottom of the sideing panel.

I carry pieces to precut 2x8 inch 1/2 inch thick plywood for these installs.

I'd release two siding panels, find the studs and mark their location with a light pencil mark on the outside bottom lip of the siding.

Then, I'd place two pieces of the plywod into the space or void under the siding, centering them horizontally with the wall stud.

Then, I'd mount the foot as usual.

This method works on both wood sheathing and houses with foam sheathing, since the plywood stabalizes the outer screws and holds them in place.

Sounds like a lot of non sense to go through. I don't think I've ever HAD to put a dish on siding before. Lol. Not to mention it's not an approved method of mounting.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I got call from Dish Quality team yesterday. A guy came out and ran didn't signal test on the receivers took photos or screen shots. Check for proper grounding and took photos of that as well. Made sure the stickers were in the remotes and took photos of that as well. Then he climbed up to the dish and made sure it was set up right. He said the dish is nice and tight and it's not going anywhere. He confirmed it's attached to the wood of the house.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)