Can you suggest a good indoor Antenna?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stevelite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
I will be attempting to Voom OTA shortly. Ordered one and waiting to be delivered.

I live in Alpharetta, GA with strict HOA and mean power hungry members.
From what I read, the majority of the folks are installing roof top antenna whether it is a small or large. If I were to install anything stick out of the window or roof, I think I would get a very nasty letter from HOA to take it down. I read HOA and it doesn’t say or mention anything about antennas. But we are allowed to have satellite dish, which I have already on rooftop.

Soon to be Vooming receiver will come with a Sensar TV antenna by Winegard amplified model GS22VDR. This antenna is made for outdoor.

Would there be any health hazard of using such trying to use it at home(indoor)?
Can you recommend any indoor antenna to try? Alpharetta is about 20/25 from most HDTV broadcasters.

Zenith Silver Sensor.

05768514000-190.jpg

As for the HOAs regular antennas are also protected by the FCC, so yes you can put that outdoor antenna outside, but you might not need to if you're gonna give the zenith a shot

stevelite said:
I will be attempting to Voom OTA shortly. Ordered one and waiting to be delivered.

I live in Alpharetta, GA with strict HOA and mean power hungry members.
From what I read, the majority of the folks are installing roof top antenna whether it is a small or large. If I were to install anything stick out of the window or roof, I think I would get a very nasty letter from HOA to take it down. I read HOA and it doesn’t say or mention anything about antennas. But we are allowed to have satellite dish, which I have already on rooftop.

Soon to be Vooming receiver will come with a Sensar TV antenna by Winegard amplified model GS22VDR. This antenna is made for outdoor.

Would there be any health hazard of using such trying to use it at home(indoor)?
Can you recommend any indoor antenna to try? Alpharetta is about 20/25 from most HDTV broadcasters.

I got that antenna with my voom as well. Works great. I didn't look to see where you are at or what stations, but in my case I hooked up in my media room and set it by out sliding glass door. I picked up a couple of channels. I then moved it to the attic and mounted it to the ridge beam. After a little playing (it is a fairly directional antenna) I was able to get a strong signal on all channels.

So my 1st suggestion is that if you live in a home put it in your attic. At first I just had it sitting on some of the A/C duct work. But then mounted it so I could aim it better and have it stay put. Works great for me 28.5 miles from the towers. If you can't mount in the attic, what about under a eve?

I think you'll find that Federal Law superceded HOA's and even subdivision covenants.

If you have an exclusive area, patio, roof, etc. that is not shared with any other tennant, you can put up the antenna that is necessary for you to be able to receive OTA DTV signals.

The HOA CANNOT stop you.

If you have individual homes in a housing project, you have the discretion to put the antenna up anywhere on your property, but discretion being the better part of valor, just erect what you need.

BFG said:
Zenith Silver Sensor.

05768514000-190.jpg

As for the HOAs regular antennas are also protected by the FCC, so yes you can put that outdoor antenna outside, but you might not need to if you're gonna give the zenith a shot
I always suggest trying the Zenith first and then go from there. I was very surprised at its performance but I'm only 18mi from the towers. Another choice is the new Winegard Sharpshooter indoor antenna which just became available. Although at $100 from Summit Source it might be a little too much cash to fork out for something that hasn't been reviewed by the public yet.--Ray

HOA A holes

Try this
Get Mounts:

DS-1000 mount shown with digital satellite dish and off-air antenna
it is mounted to the dish then, and no hoa complaints, it is part of the dish!!!

Attachments

• ds1000.gif
    ds1000.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 262
Hey Guys,
I am now vooming at my location.
Tried to purchase Zenith Silver Sensor, but could not find it anywhere where I can buy it locally. So I head over to Walmart to see what they have. Can you believe ..been over at Walmart again .. 3 days straight.

The Voom I purchased came with Winegard model GS22VDR. Hooked it up, I could only manage to get 2 channels. Hmm, I WANT Fox for superbowl.. not good.

So I hooked up Philips Amplifed Silver Sensor antenna(PHDTV3) for $35(inside has silver sensor built in). Received over 13 channels. So far so good..

One minor problem. I can't get all major networks under one antenna setting.
I can get NBC,ABC, and FOX, but I have to move the antenna little to get CBS, TBS, and UPN. I wish I can get all these channels without moving antenna around.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Attachments

• voom.jpg
    voom.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 307
dodge said:
Cool
Thats great!!!
you must be outside Atlanta somewhere to get TBS
Try the Winegard Sensor in the attic it would probably work well for you!!

Alrite, I will give this try also and post the update. First thing first, need to find me 50' ~100' cable. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)