Can you use 2 UHF Remotes for TV2?

siggyfay

Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
I have a IR remote for my VIP622 for TV1 and I bought a 2nd UHF remote in hopes of controlling the TV2 signal with 2 different UHF remotes. Is this possible? I have all the remote tabs that came with the new UHF remote I bought. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

It will work as long as both remotes are set to the same uhf address. I know this because my neighbor was changing my channels after he got Dish. I had to change my address to a different number.

Yes you can use 2 UHF remotes for a 622/722 in either Dual or Single Mode. If you are using it in Single mode... make sure that they are both programmed to the same code.
If in DUAL mode... make sure to program the TV1 to IR/UHF Pro remote.

I use 3 UHF remotes for my 622, and just ordered another 2 more. (2 will be TV1, and 3 will be TV2). If you have trouble with the UHF signal due to walls/floors, you might want to do a search about extending the UHF remote range.

How would recommend programming the 2 UHF remotes to the same signal with TV2. I can't figure it out. Your help is greatly appreciated.

hold down the SAT button till it blinks, then type in the number you want for the address and press #

Can you help me with some more details regarding this. I am a bit of novice on how to execute this as you have successfully done having 3 remotes for TV2 where I am looking for just 2 remotes.

I have my original UHF remote with the blue tab and the black #2. which tab color/number should I use for my second UHF remote for TV2. I have some black, silver, more blue, green, etc.

Once I have the correct tabs I just hold down the SAT button on both remotes and type in a 3 digit number and then press #?

Any help you can provide is appreciated.
Thanks!

You need to go into system info, first. Either hit Menu, then 6-1-3 or turn the receiver off and hit the system info button inside the right panel on the front of your 722.

Then, hold down 'sat' key on your remote until all the lights flash. Release. Hit any number between 1 and 16, then hit # key (this sets the address to the remote). THEN hit your record button on the remote and you will see the blue TV2 remote channel number change on the system info screen. Htting the record key sends to new remote address to the receiver.

For additional remotes... repeat the above using the same channel number, except no need to hit the record key.

Just tapping the MENU button twice will bring up the system info screen. Then follow VortecRacers' excellent instructions.:up

Ed

Should both of the UHF remotes for TV2 have the a blue tab with the number 2 or does it matter? I have multiple different color tabs available form purchasing the second UHF remote.
Thanks!:confused:

Yes... find the colored tab that matches your original #2 remote. I believe it is the blue #2 -without- the black ink, but I may be wrong about this. I'm assuming you're using a 6.3 kit? There should be an instruction book as well that lists which key is used with what receiver models. A 6.0 kit will work as well.

The 6.3 kits also have a band switch under the battery cover - ensure all your #2 remotes are on the same band... preferrably "A".

By the way, you'll want to choose something other than remote address 1 as that is the receiver's default and neighbors are likely on the same channel.

For anyone who might be interested in useless info (I know I am!) - there are 16 additional addresses available... hold sat, release, then hit #, channel up, then a number between 1 and 16, # again, then record key.

Using this method, you'll key in a number that is -16 from the address you want. So for example if you want address 27, key in 11.

Should both of the UHF remotes for TV2 have the a blue tab with the number 2 or does it matter? I have multiple different color tabs available form purchasing the second UHF remote.
Thanks!:confused:

The tabs are just so you can keep them straight later. (So you don't bring up your remote from TV1 to the TV2 room and then get confused which is which)

to extend the remote range strip off a foot or 2 of shielding from a piece of RG6 coax leaving the center condutor exposed. Put this on the receiver in place of the UHF Ant. This works great.

It worked! Thank you all for your help!

:D Thanks so much everyone for all your help and input in helping me with this. I split TV2 signal between my basement and my third floor and had to take the remote back and forth before and now I don't. Thanks!

The tabs are just so you can keep them straight later. (So you don't bring up your remote from TV1 to the TV2 room and then get confused which is which)

Not at all, my friend. Each of the keys tell the remote how to act. Note the differently sized notches on each of the tabs. They push a slider switch at the base of the circuit board to change the operation of the remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)