Can you use a sidecar stand alone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I havent bought one yet :D

Had a bid on one but the seller had some god awful reserve on it. If I do get one, I'll try it on G15. Whats the worst thing that can happen. It doesn't work?

no need to say it "might not work" because I've been told a few times something FTA related "might not" work yet it worked :)

I have an extra one I purchased for another setup that I won't need for 30 days. If you want to pay shipping both ways you can see if it works.

Maybe you can try your 6ft dish to see if you can get the map. Every time I put my opinion on the undersize C-band having problem with sats in crowed part, it is taken in negative way.
I was even banned for couple days when posting opinion that some members don't like to hear...::eek:

Tony,
yeah it does, and on a frequent basis. I have mine set so it automatically goes to g1 and downloads the guide when the 4dtv is off at night. If I dont turn it off and allow it to download the guide at night, i find i have to go back to g1 pretty frequently during a day of viewing.

Too bad g1 is in such a crowded part of the arc, otherwise i would say aim a 1.2 meter with c band lnb at it and see how it works.

I am having literally no issue with HBO-HD and STARZ-HD on 127W with a 1.8 Meter and Norsat 8115 lnbs. If I do have an error its never more than a few frames. I would supsect, however, if I this dish was movable and not stationary that it might be a different story.

Maybe you can try your 6ft dish to see if you can get the map. Every time I put my opinion on the undersize C-band having problem with sats in crowed part, it is taken in negative way.
I was even banned for couple days when posting opinion that some members don't like to hear...::eek:

I agree the dish is undersized and should not be recommended for a C-band setup, he will get C-band he will also get lots of interference but he is not able to go with a larger dish so he can play around to see what he gets, he probably does not have a spectrum analyzer that will show the dish is undersized because of the interference, and as long as he gets a solid picture I am sure he will be happy.

I still will not go under a 8.5' for a C-band setup, I have played with 5' mesh dishes years ago and they worked with a few feeds though I never recommended them for a full time system,my buddy still has one next to his 12' not sure if he still uses it, I will have to ask him.

I agree the dish is undersized and should not be recommended for a C-band setup, he will get C-band he will also get lots of interference but he is not able to go with a larger dish so he can play around to see what he gets, he probably does not have a spectrum analyzer that will show the dish is undersized because of the interference, and as long as he gets a solid picture I am sure he will be happy.

BINGO. I am limited with what I can use. Technically being in a townhouse complex I am not protected under OTARD so they could tell me to get rid of it. But being the VP of the HOA does help. Normally it was mounted on my deck but now it’s in front of my garage to get the western satellites (I wheel it out and wheel it back in the garage). I can’t bury a pole in the ground so it has to be a fixed dish. I decided to get a 6 footer just to see what I can get. No I do not have a spectrum analyzer. I use the meter on the dish and blind scan. I haven’t really had any issues with signal quality on the 6 footer. Mainly I had it for G4 nets and G3 Equity stuff. Both I get at a 75-80 on the Pansat. Yes I can get some bleedover from G11 (TCT Network) or IA5 (BYU TV) but that maybe goes back to me thread on “why does it seem like religious channels have really strong signal?” Since I’m not subscribing right now to anything on C-band, whatever I pick up free is fine by me :D

I still will not go under a 8.5' for a C-band setup
I agree. But due to my limited options, this seems to work the best.

ftarock said:
I’m not trying to be negative but other than a couple channels that are listed on Lyngsat, I haven’t had any issues picking up decent signal (I consider decent signal on my Pansat 50+…30 is threshold on most satellites) on the stuff I would like to see. In the “crowded” parts of the arc (125-135) there isn’t much FTA on there so its irrelevant to me. When I have the dish on the deck, I can only see AMC3-AnikF1. The front of the garage I can see more. But I’m happy with the 6 footer (and I know some other members here are too). If I could get a 10 footer and bury it in the yard, I’d do that in a heartbeat. But I am limited with what I can do C-Band so whatever I get I am happy :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)