Canadian OTA

chuckron

Original poster
Mar 15, 2006
Hello, I am new here and I understand from the limited reading I have had time to do that there are HD signals in the air...excellent. I aso understand that I need an ATSC tuner to tune those signals, however, I did not know I needed a new antenna, can I not use my orginal antenna???

Also is there anywher I can find a chanel list of HD chanels in Toronto Area??

Thanks for your help.

Justin

P.S. Is there anything else I would need, other than the TV??

chuckron said:
Hello, I am new here and I understand from the limited reading I have had time to do that there are HD signals in the air...excellent. I aso understand that I need an ATSC tuner to tune those signals, however, I did not know I needed a new antenna, can I not use my orginal antenna???

Thanks for your help.

Justin

You just need a HDTV with an ATSC tuner built-in or an ATSC stb. There is NO such thing as a HDTV antenna, a TV antenna is a TV antenna. You WILL need to check out the channels as here in the states, some of the stations that broadcast on VHF in analog are on UHF in digital (SD or HDTV) and vice versa.

Antennaweb.org shows some stations in the Buffalo and Rochester, NY areas that you should be able to pick up, if nothing else. As they only have US stations on there, perhaps checking the web-sites of the Canadian channels would be a good place to start to find the new channels, etc.

this is what you are looking for

chuckron said:

Thanks for your help.

Justin

http://www.remotecentral.com/hdtv/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts