Canal 1 Internacional (Ecuador) free

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gem2605

Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
NJ
Hi all,

first of all, i don't know if this post belongs here, but i am a dish network customer so i guess if what i want to do is possible, that's one of the things to consider (again, not sure).

Canal 1 Internacional is an ecuadorian channel that was part of Dish Latino not too long ago, but god only knows why is not part of it anymore. now they have Teleamazonas Internacional instead.
Today I and many ecuadorians that live around the globe have received an email from Canal 1 Internacional letting us know that the channel will be free for anybody as long as you know what to do with this info that they provided:

Satellite: INTELSAT 805
Frequency: 4029 Mhz
Polarizacion: Vertical
Symbol Rate: 3. 000
FEC: ¾

Is there any way i can set up my current dish network service to pickup that signal???

please let me know, thanks a lot.

good news | bad news:

Well, you are in the right forum.
The FTA forum and the sub-forum on BUDs can help you out , but you may not like the answer.

The Good News:
That satellite is located at 55° west, so getting it in NJ is no problem.
I can see it here on the west coast, too.

The Bad News:
That transmission is on C-band, a much lower frequency, using a much larger dish, than what you are set up for.
I'll leave it to others who are currently getting that signal to suggest the preferred dish size, but it'll likely be in the eight foot range.
Yes, 8' dish, and associated hardware, receiver, etc.

More Good News:
If you are willing to learn, and anxious to have that signal, we can help.

edit:
It's listed on Lyngsat as 4030 mhz
Here's a signal coverage map which suggests maybe a 6' dish might work.

Anole, thanks for taking the time to answer this, really.

so, besides the 8' dish, what else do i need in order to get this channel? also where can i buy it? could you please point me in the right direction??

so, besides the 8' dish, what else do i need in order to get this channel? also where can i buy it? could you please point me in the right direction??

For the big dish, you might try driving around in the countryside looking for BUDs (big dishes). We took a new route today, and within 10 miles from home spotted 6 new-to-us abandoned mesh BUDs ranging from 6 to 10 feet in diameter (estimated). You shouldn't have to pay for one, just offer to get rid of it for the homeowner.

Along with the C band dish, you will also need a cband lnb or lnbf, a FTA receiver (any model that is dvb or mpeg 2 will work), and enough RG-6 cable to run from the lnbf to the FTA receiver. If you want to motorize the dish you will also need a motor, and either a vbox/gbox or an old analog receiver to power the motor,and more wiring from the motor to the vbox/gbox/analog receiver.

If you only want that one c band satellite you can get many free spanish language channels besides the one you want, plus for news both BBC World and Jamacia News Network are free and in english on that sat.

I want to thank all of you for your big help, I just have one more question.
I have this receiver and the model is topfield TF3200IR and I will like to know if can I use it for my purpose.

I tracked down your Topfield receiver with a search.
Seems to have the basic requirements, though because it's a bit old it might not be the best choice.
It doesn't list a blind scan feature, very desirable for finding feeds, determining what satellite you are on, and general setup.
The card reader won't be of any use, not for any service I know of.
Don't expect to get any Program Guide. They are just not broadcast.

I suggest you wait a few days and get more comments from members who can receive your station.
Some who live in your general area might comment on signal strength.
Knowing if a 6' dish would be sufficient, might save you a lot of money.
But also, ya might want to be on the lookout around town for old BUDs which are no longer being used.
Many people are happy if you will take them away. Free.

Anyway, we can give you a shopping list of equipment, but before that I'd like to have you find out what else might be on C-band that you would enjoy.
If it's programming on other satellites, then perhaps a motorized dish would be desirable.
The cost wouldn't be too much more, but if you got a used dish, most would come with a motor.

Things to think about... :up

A bigger concern would be (LOS) Line of sight , make sure you can see the satellite from your property (hopefully a house) , you can use a compass to figure out the direction , the elevation is pretty feasible .

The good news is that Intelsat 805 has 3 channels from Ecuador (UNSION-RTU-CANAL 1)so now you have 2 more reasons to put a Big dish up, and if motorized you can get more channels from Latin America.

Unfortunately Ecuavisa is only available FTA in Europe , guess 500,000 Ecuadorians living in Spain is probably the answer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)