cancel "D"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gren25

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
tarheel state
Does anyone know if direct will make you pay if u won't to cancel before my 1 year commitment is up,I just bought a sony xbr960 with a cable card slot and would like to take advantage of this, TWC in charlotte has about 15 or hdtv channels. Am I stuck ,I THINK it was march when I signed up any suggestions, any suggestions

Directv has a $150 early cancellation fee but prorates it for however long you've been on your contract.

I hate to hear that you're cancelling D*. Do you know for a fact that TWC supports the cable card technology?

They do, but it is only unidirectional (aka no iControl and no PPV via remote).

I don't think so. I think it's just the $150 prorated over how long you've been on your contract.

150 prorated is right. I actually just threatened Directv with that issue, i told them that it would be a pleasure to pay the 150 bucks to get the equiptment out of my house. (lots of headached with my sony hd300) they are sending me a new box now, they dont want to lode you so be prepared for the tough sell when you call to cancel. they will do alot to keep you.

gren25 said:
Does anyone know if direct will make you pay if u won't to cancel before my 1 year commitment is up,I just bought a sony xbr960 with a cable card slot and would like to take advantage of this, TWC in charlotte has about 15 or hdtv channels. Am I stuck ,I THINK it was march when I signed up any suggestions, any suggestions

I'm not sure but I would like to know as well. I'm thinking of going back to cable after 9 years of DTV. They just have so many channels I've been begging for on DTV and I thought I'd give DTV that chance after 7S was launched and they've added only 1 of the 10 or so I wanted.

My cable system offers them all, plus more. The only thing I will miss is my TIVO with dual tuner....

Going back to cable?

I think DirecTv is great and they would be better if they would add the WB/UPN superstations in New York, Boston, Denver and LA. What stations do you want that DirecTv does not carry? We have Comcast here in the Ft Lauderdale area and they are quite expensive more so than D-TV Give them time to keep adding channels. D-TV should drop the useless channels like Daystar etc... and add more of the popular entertainment channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)