Cancel Direc and wife signs up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Fraud? are you kidding me??

I am in a similar situation. I have been with directv long past my 2 year contract and pay way more than what a new customer gets. I could easily switch to dishnetwork and get a comparable package for $30-40 cheaper per month or directv could allow me to sign up on a new 2 year contract and give me the new customer deals, right Let's be real everyone...do we really think directv would be willing to lose a customer to dishnetwork simply because they won't give the current promotion?? Either they make $0000 money or the new customer contract prices for 2 years...Why would the retention department really be willing to let this happen and let a customer cancel?? I think as long as the customer that is past his 2 year deal and is willing to sign another 2 year deal why not give him the current promotion with the current equipment?? As long as there is competition out there that is cheaper and gives the same product this will be a problem.

Wife signing up after husband cancels being called Fraud?? what a joke! Are you saying that his wife isn't her own person with her own real identity and Social security number with her own line of credit?? Can she not commit to her own contract? It's a new customer 2 year contract, not a household contract for anyone living at that address, no?

cave1376 said:
I say go for it. If D* finds out they might cancel your subscription and make you pay the etf. Or they will raise your introduction price to regular rates.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

Really? Where in the contract, um I mean "agreement" does it say D* can do that (cancel service for spouse signing up and make you pay a ETF)?

If they raise their intro rates then they would jeopardize their new customer acquisition. That would be a lot of nose to cut off to prevent a few spouses from signing up.

reciever upgrades?

For those of you who have been with directv for years and years, a question for you: Is there a certain amount of time when you can ask for a reciever upgrade? Im assuming most of you probably arent using the initial ones they leased you when you signed on...how does this work?

They don't upgrade unless a receiver fails and even then they may send you the same model that you had. If you want a newer model you can get them on line for someplace like Solid Signal. Anything you get from Directv would be potluck.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts