Cancel VOOM? I would have to be crazy!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
Let me preface this by saying I will not address in this thread or via PM or e-mail what Voom did for me. It would be bad for Voom if everyone knew and would not be able to make the offers that they did to me if we “all” had this knowledge. The reason for the post is to let everyone know that VOOM has EXCELLENT customer service & retention.

I will just say that I will be staying on with then despite my various reasons and desires to cancel. I KNOW now their customers are very important to them. I imagine I’ll be having more to do with VOOM and promoting their services and I may even shed my D*TiVo and D*.

I did note that I only needed to wait less than 3 minutes for a CSR in the middle of the day, this helped my attitude a lot. So before you think of canceling remember that no one has the number of HD channels they do. Voom has made what I would consider to be strides in customer service and programming / picture quality in the last two weeks given the number of subscribers we know they are dealing with. They have given me a “fair” shake and I plan to return the favor by staying on with them for no less than 8 months.

If you are still considering canceling, listen to your CSR and what they have to offer. They are more than fair and do wish to retain subscribers. I would also suggest that despite problems getting through and PQ issues than you remain polite. It is not their fault.

Off thread … In my speaking with then I asked for clarification on many of the rumors I read on this and other forums. I was told they are planning a Q3 release of their DVR, they are planning for the demand they will have as well. They also confirmed (Wilt already did too) that new software is coming soon and will address the issues listed in other threads. They also confirmed that there is an STB shortage, they were quite vague, however, with the free install I am sure they are inundated with calls for new service.

Great to hear you'r staying. I've been vooming for 8 days now and I'm very happy. I would recommend voom to anybody with a large screen HDTV.

I would also like to add that if you had/have a problem and are considering canceling the service and don't like what first CSR says, call back and speak to another, I did and like you mentioned I was given a fair deal. Talk to them and remember they don’t make the rules, or run the company but most of them will make the effort to keep you happy.

slacker9876

Why can't you tell us? What is with this "BIG" secret!!
Wow what did they do, give you a whole year for free?

Get real!

fastfed said:
slacker9876

Why can't you tell us? What is with this "BIG" secret!!
Wow what did they do, give you a whole year for free?

Get real!
There is no big secret. My experericence with fourms is that if you lay out a step by step people (not saying you) abuse it and then it is gone. Prime example is the $250 given on HDTIVO by D* ... once if was in the fourms (TCF) no one could get it.

The point of the post was to let pepole know that Voom takes customer service and retention seriously. That's all ... a free year ... I woudl stick around longer than 8 months, and no it wasn't 8 months either LOL.

Since being a sub to VOOM they have added ESPNHD and TNTHD at no extra cost. They charge 52 bucks a mth for their lowest package and that includes their exclusives...MonstersHD...and DiscoveryHD. They are more than fair...since most providers charge extra for those ch's.

Agreed. I guess if I wait until 2008 it wont matter anyway, everything will be in HD :) and then in 2018 it will all be in Ultra HD :) if we live that long

Yeah, I understand. I promised I wouldn't tell either. If I did they'd have to kill me.
So no matter how many times you ask I won't tell what kind of deal I got. It just wouldn't be fair. Also, because then slacker would be pissed. But VOOM is a great deal.

i guess im just gonn have to cancel and see what they offer me :D j/k

Ive had Voom 3 months now, Voom has always been polite, taken care of all my problems (and always doing install and fixes on Saturdays!) They have responded to my OTA issues, no charge to me and gave me a weeks credit when the first STB went out for a couple days. On the other hand just cancelling my local cable service took 5 calls, one day off and numerous headaches. I will be a voomer for as long as their around. They keep adding channels, and always looking to improve. Way to go VOOM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts