Canceled MLB EI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wonder if we might be getting it on the AppleTV?? With it being on the iPad and iPhone that would be sweet. if not then I'll grab a ROKU and see how it looks. Once they took the "red zone" like channel away from the MLB package it made the MLB one seem like a better deal. FYI, you can get the pre and post game shows if you subscribe to the Sports pack, it will just black out during the games.
I have read bad reports about MLB.TV on the Roku, including PQ

Any other boxes beside the PS3 that stream it? Wonder if any of the bluray players from Samsung or Panasonic might add it.
I do not know which ones do. If you do plan to use a device to stream it on a big screen TV, make sure you get the premium subscription for $20 more (total).

Only problem, eventually all your promos will end and they will try to sucker you in for $160-170 a month.
Without the Promos Cable is $210 per month, Unlimited Phone,10 MBps Internet and their top of the line Premium pack with HD DVR in 4 rooms.

Directv with Verizon High Speed 3 MBps and Vonage is $230.99 for Less Premiums,Less Locals,Less National HD and Less Internet speed.
So lets here again how D* is a Bargon?

NFL ST and HotPass are the only things missing from my cable provider that D* has.

And there is also a Fairly large list of Missing channels from D* line up that cable has. About 15 locals, 10 Premium,2 of my In Market RSN's, 10 National HD channels, 10 National SD channels, and a crap load of Real VOD.

Its a No brainer for me.

I'm going to give my internet and phone a month or 2 , then I'll make my final choice, But D* making me sign commitments, but yet raising prices and charging me $200 for each HR24, really makes them look bad right now.

I'm tired of the Games Satellite TV brings

2 of my lg's have MLB.tv built right in but I've not tried it yet because it just came in an update last month. I am definitely canceling directv's version. Was going to try it on my roku but it if not I have a ps3 so we will see. What's the price difference this year?

2 of my lg's have MLB.tv built right in but I've not tried it yet because it just came in an update last month. I am definitely canceling directv's version. Was going to try it on my roku but it if not I have a ps3 so we will see. What's the price difference this year?
Keep in mind, if you have a Roku and a PS3 you will be able to watch MLB.TV on your TV, Roku, and PS3. You do not have to choose one. But, as of now, HD quality is only available through the PS3.

As far as the pricing. EI on Direct is supposed to be $200 for the year. MLB.TV is supposed to be $99 for the basic low bandwidth package (SD only), and $119 for the high bandwidth package (HD games). For $80 less per month with the ability to watch it in more places and on more devices, I did not hesitate to switch.

DodgerKing said:
Keep in mind, if you have a Roku and a PS3 you will be able to watch MLB.TV on your TV, Roku, and PS3. You do not have to choose one. But, as of now, HD quality is only available through the PS3.

As far as the pricing. EI on Direct is supposed to be $200 for the year. MLB.TV is supposed to be $99 for the basic low bandwidth package (SD only), and $119 for the high bandwidth package (HD games). For $80 less per month with the ability to watch it in more places and on more devices, I did not hesitate to switch.

Yea. Looks like directv is starting to go past my limits on just about everything. already dropped premier, Sunday ticket, and now MLB. Wish my local cable company would hurry up with the new DVr's supposedly.

Without the Promos Cable is $210 per month, Unlimited Phone,10 MBps Internet and their top of the line Premium pack with HD DVR in 4 rooms.

Directv with Verizon High Speed 3 MBps and Vonage is $230.99 for Less Premiums,Less Locals,Less National HD and Less Internet speed.
So lets here again how D* is a Bargon?

NFL ST and HotPass are the only things missing from my cable provider that D* has.

And there is also a Fairly large list of Missing channels from D* line up that cable has. About 15 locals, 10 Premium,2 of my In Market RSN's, 10 National HD channels, 10 National SD channels, and a crap load of Real VOD.

Its a No brainer for me.

I'm going to give my internet and phone a month or 2 , then I'll make my final choice, But D* making me sign commitments, but yet raising prices and charging me $200 for each HR24, really makes them look bad right now.

I'm tired of the Games Satellite TV brings

Hopefully, your Cable Company has all the bugs worked out in SDV, we still experience a few glitches here and there. I will agree with you that cable now does have more HD than the DBS Providers. Currently I am receiving over 100 actual HD Channels (95 plus 6 HD HBO's), and am not padding that count with HD PPV's like the DBS' are. My cable dvr and stb are definitely sub par when comparing to Dish's receiver; however if I stay after my 2 year promo is up, I will most likely get myself a TIVO. I doubt I will return to Dish, now they not only don't have YES Network, but have dropped MSG too, so basically I am out of luck for New York Sports.

I also debating using MLB.TV I had it 3 years ago and it was ok. 100 dollars I may try it again. It is almost at the point were you no longer need directv or comcast to watch your tv.

I enjoyed it the only slight drawback is if you want to channel surf baseball to other programing, of course you cant really do that, but if your looking a night of baseball and dont think your going to watch Directv for a bit, its a good deal. I will probably sign up again this season

Tried MLB.tv last year and sorry Dodger, but man, I didn't think the quality was anywhere near that of the D* package. On my PS3 or any other way. Also in your post earllier, I know it was just a mistake but you mentioned $80 less per month for the MLB.tv compared to the D* package when of course it is $80 less for the season. I also will probably try it again this year but I will also stick with Extra Innings, even at $200 in my opinion a great bargain. I drop twice that going with my family of 5 to one Phils game.

Tried MLB.tv last year and sorry Dodger, but man, I didn't think the quality was anywhere near that of the D* package. On my PS3 or any other way. Also in your post earllier, I know it was just a mistake but you mentioned $80 less per month for the MLB.tv compared to the D* package when of course it is $80 less for the season. I also will probably try it again this year but I will also stick with Extra Innings, even at $200 in my opinion a great bargain. I drop twice that going with my family of 5 to one Phils game.
Did you have the premium package?

Did you have the premium package?

Yes, I did....Now consider that I watch most of the games on a 110 inch screen (Panny Projector) or on my 55 in. LED. So I am seeing everything...
Also after thinking about this discussion last night I realized that I really didn't have a choice because I couldn't lock up the PS3 every night for 3 hours...even with 2 of them that wouldn't fly with the kids. Anyway, I agree that the mlb.tv deal is a bargain, I will have it anyway for my kid up at Penn State if his internet connection can handle it. I will believe that the quality is as good as the Extra Inning package on D* when I see it with my own eyes.

Well I pre ordered MLB the show 2011 for the ps3 and got a free day trial of MLB tv so I'll give it a good run and see how it goes.

I don't know that I want to sacrifice picture quality, convience of being right on my dvr at any tv in my house, and full access through the slingbox. I just don't think mlb.tv would compare at 120" on the projector. Directv usually will do a little better than the $200 if you call and ask about pricing that you are debating between the two.

Like I said, when I watch a couple of games last year on my 42 inch TV through my PS3, the PQ was pretty darn good (not as good as Direct, but still decent). When I sign up for MLB.TV, I will do one month at a time. If I do not like it I will contact Direct and see if they will still give me the same offer. If not, I can go without EI or MLB.TV for a season or just stick with MLB.TV. One thing for certain, I am not paying $200 to watch out of market games. We get enough games on MLB Net, ESPN, TBS, WGN, and my local RSNs. After all, I do get to see every Dodgers game, and that is what matters most too me

For those claiming that MLB.TV on the PS3 has a crappy PQ, watch this: YouTube - mlb.tv on the ps3 review
(Make sure you select 720p in the YouTube window)
PQ looks pretty damn good too me

I would love to see DirecTV EI come close to matching these features, even if their PQ is SLIGHTLY better

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)