Cancellation Fees

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PowerMax

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Good day everyone. I subscribed to dish about 4 months ago and got the VIP622 at that time. Since then ... my kid put his Wii controller into my plasma and so now I an HDTV-less with no funds to buy another HD set. My only other TV is a 20" Magnavox...

Has anyone cancelled dish? What should I expect?

FOX ran a story on this today... They were questioning if this was turning into an Internet legend.... Guess it is true... They are recalling the controllers to beef up the wrist strap.

Call Dish they will give you the fees. Someone else who knows will probably answer your question soon.

Good day everyone. I subscribed to dish about 4 months ago and got the VIP622 at that time. Since then ... my kid put his Wii controller into my plasma and so now I an HDTV-less with no funds to buy another HD set. My only other TV is a 20" Magnavox...

I think it is $13.33 x number of months left on your contract.
Someone correct me if wrong thast what my installer said.

trido

I think it is $13.33 x number of months left on your contract.
Someone correct me if wrong thast what my installer said.

trido

Yep that's usually correct. One thing the op should keep in mind is that if he was installed by a retailer they more likely than not have their own cancellation fees on top of Dish's fees.

The quoted $13.33 should be correct. Check the contract you signed when you got service. I'll be honest, I thought this whole controller through the TV was a load of crap too. Crazy stuff.

The TV may be covered under your home insurance. Also, your credit card may cover this circumstance if you purchased the TV with a cc.

Mitch

I may add if a independent dealer carried your installation,they could charge you with a charge back fee since you didnt comply with your agreement,Check the contract to avoid those charges if they apply .

I ordered from dishnetwork.com so I should not have installer / dealer fees. I guess I'll keep the service active.

Makman, I did call State Farm and they laughed, however, I did file a claim online with Visa and I'll what they have to say.

Thanks for the help all!

I ordered from dishnetwork.com so I should not have installer / dealer fees. I guess I'll keep the service active.

Makman, I did call State Farm and they laughed, however, I did file a claim online with Visa and I'll what they have to say.

Thanks for the help all!

I would check the policy and still file a claim. I deal with health insurance companies all the time. If you call Blue Shield 6 times to inquire about coverage and benefits, you get 6 different answers from CSRs.

If you file a claim, someone will actually have to investigate the policy. Can't hurt.

Mitch

Insurance laughs

If the insurance company just laughed at you about the problem. I would be looking for another one for coverage. Unless your deductible is very high the home owner policy should cover a good chunk of getting a new plasma.

Sorry for the long delay, I appreciate the help all, I have been "out" for the holidays.

State Farm is the best and cheapest insurance in the world ... no insurance company would cover this incident, under these circumstances unless you did it at someone else's house. Visa flaked on me too since it was part cash, part credit, so I am out of luck.

I just downgraded to to Americas top 50 as Dish said I cannot cancel or suspend the account which is too bad for me, but I'll get another HDTV after the new model come out and everything form this year is on closeout.

Thank you everyone this is a nice place and I appreciate the feedback.

I would check the policy and still file a claim. I deal with health insurance companies all the time. If you call Blue Shield 6 times to inquire about coverage and benefits, you get 6 different answers from CSRs.

If you file a claim, someone will actually have to investigate the policy. Can't hurt.

Mitch

Trust me, it's not covered by his basic homeowners insurance. From a 23 year insurance agent. & it's probably not a claim that would be worth filing. It cpould hurt. After your deductible, if they did pay may lose a claim free discount, generally 15-20%. Goes away for 5 years. If it's less than a $2000 claim, don't even consider filing it. But, damage you do to your own property isn't covered.

He did WHAT?!!!!!...Did you mean threw his controller and broke your plasma tv?

I may add if a independent dealer carried your installation,they could charge you with a charge back fee since you didnt comply with your agreement,Check the contract to avoid those charges if they apply .
We do that....Charge back a customer for not fulfilling their end of the agreement

Sorry for the long delay, I appreciate the help all, I have been "out" for the holidays.

State Farm is the best and cheapest insurance in the world ... no insurance company would cover this incident, under these circumstances unless you did it at someone else's house. Visa flaked on me too since it was part cash, part credit, so I am out of luck.

I just downgraded to to Americas top 50 as Dish said I cannot cancel or suspend the account which is too bad for me, but I'll get another HDTV after the new model come out and everything form this year is on closeout.

Thank you everyone this is a nice place and I appreciate the feedback.
State Farm should cover the TV..It was an accident...Keep trying and push your claim up the flagpole...If State Farm wants to keep ypou as a client ,they will at least listen to your claim..make sure you claim this was an accident..

State Farm should cover the TV..It was an accident...Keep trying and push your claim up the flagpole...If State Farm wants to keep ypou as a client ,they will at least listen to your claim..make sure you claim this was an accident..

Doesn't matter that it was an accident, it's not a covered loss in the policy, therefore, they aren't going to pay the claim.

Actually, since there is an active recall on the WII controllers due to this issue, you may have a claim to pursue with Nintendo, if the wrist strap breaking was the cause of the controller leaving his hand.

Why does everthing that goes wrong in this country have to be someome elses fault?

The kid broke the TV, live up to it and buy a new one.

Just last week I was installing an LCD Tv in my bathroom, I set it on a towell while I had it turned over to install the mounting arm and broke the screen because there was a loose bolt under the towel that put pressure on the screen that cracked it. I dished out another $300 and bought a new one!

Now on the other hand I had a digital camera, and the kid who sold it to me at Best Buy convinced me to take their extended warranty since he said it covered the LCD screen if I dropped it. I broke the screen 3 months later and Best Buy would not honor the warranty saying the LCD screen was not covered. I got into an arguement with the manager and eventhough they would not fix the screen, I made them give me my money back for the service plan which was just enough to pay to replace the screen.

Point here is unless it specifically says it, you can't hold someone responcible if you accidently damage your own property.

Now with all that said, there may be a possible class action lawsuit agenst Nintndo if the strap is indeed faulty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts